• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 newcomers and a few rehouses 30/01/20

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The 2 new ones arrived today from So Many Legs so I took the opportunity to rehouse some others that were out growing their old containers.

New ones

Brachypelma boehmei, Pachuca, is just over 1" dls
DSCF1672 (2).JPG

Aphonopelma hentzi, Navarro.
DSCF1669 (2).JPG

The rehouses

Phlogiellus moniqueverdezae, Syama.
DSCF1673 (2).JPG

Heterothele villosella, Zanzibar. Finding the moult in the new container was a bit of a surprise
DSCF1676 (2).JPG

Phormicopus auratus, Jiqui
DSCF1677 (2).JPG

Catumiri argentinense, Buritu
DSCF1686 (2).JPG

Dolichothele exilis, Orinoco. Refusing to leave the catch cup
DSCF1682 (2).JPG

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The 2 new ones arrived today from So Many Legs so I took the opportunity to rehouse some others that were out growing their old containers.

New ones

Brachypelma boehmei, Pachuca, is just over 1" dls
View attachment 43195

Aphonopelma hentzi, Navarro.
View attachment 43196

The rehouses

Phlogiellus moniqueverdezae, Syama.
View attachment 43197

Heterothele villosella, Zanzibar. Finding the moult in the new container was a bit of a surpriseView attachment 43198

Phormicopus auratus, Jiqui
View attachment 43199

Catumiri argentinense, Buritu
View attachment 43200

Dolichothele exilis, Orinoco. Refusing to leave the catch cup
View attachment 43201
Congrats on the new arrivals.. Always nice to grab a few pics during rehousing :)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Nice! I was looking at the D.exilis a while back. I'll be very interested to see your updates about it and the other additions

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice! I was looking at the D.exilis a while back. I'll be very interested to see your updates about it and the other additions

I've had the D. exilis for 2 years now and it webbed most of its container and just sat on top so it'll be interesting to see what it does in a bigger container.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I've had the D. exilis for 2 years now and it webbed most of its container and just sat on top so it'll be interesting to see what it does in a bigger container.

Sounds a lot like my diamantinensis who 90% of the time shuns the substrate for the arboreal life. I know you keep this species too. Mine abandons webbed up hides, makes another and stays in that til it wants a change, rinse and repeat until it eventually moves back into one of the earlier ones! Possibly as I gave it an way oversized enclosure but ended up leaving it there as he seems happy, calm as anything and no problems feeding. When he's perched on his leaf right under the lid and I open it, he's happy to stay right there, like your metallica.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds a lot like my diamantinensis who 90% of the time shuns the substrate for the arboreal life. I know you keep this species too. Mine abandons webbed up hides, makes another and stays in that til it wants a change, rinse and repeat until it eventually moves back into one of the earlier ones! Possibly as I gave it an way oversized enclosure but ended up leaving it there as he seems happy, calm as anything and no problems feeding. When he's perched on his leaf right under the lid and I open it, he's happy to stay right there, like your metallica.

Sadly I lost my diamantinensis, another male but yes. they are similar in behaviour.

Latest posts