• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 New Venomous Snake Arrivals

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Please meet.
20180225_173234.jpg
20180226_133113.jpg
20180225_173300.jpg
20180226_133040.jpg
20180226_133113.jpg
20180225_173300.jpg
20180226_133040.jpg

Bam Bam (Agkistrodon contortrix contortix) Southern Copperhead

Mascara (Bothriechis Schlegeli) Costa Rican Eyelash pit Viper.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous snakes. It's too bad they're dangerous to humans. I killed a copperhead two days ago. Came out when it was warm, got caught in a cold front and was sluggishly making it's way across my lawn when I shot it with a 12 gauge. Saw a lady in the ER that got bit by one last fall. Her leg looked like a microwaved hotdog. Swelled up and split. If you stare into the abyss long enough, it starts to stare back at you, LC. :D Be careful man, pretty snakes.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice mate! Stay safe, Jesus lol
Thanks Mate .
The easiest way to stay safe is don`t cut corners when it comes to maintenance stick to the same routine, don`t change anything and never free handle !!.:) I`m constantly checking the locks on the Vivariums seeing as the Snakes are kept in my Bedroom , lol.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous snakes. It's too bad they're dangerous to humans. I killed a copperhead two days ago. Came out when it was warm, got caught in a cold front and was sluggishly making it's way across my lawn when I shot it with a 12 gauge. Saw a lady in the ER that got bit by one last fall. Her leg looked like a microwaved hotdog. Swelled up and split. If you stare into the abyss long enough, it starts to stare back at you, LC. :D Be careful man, pretty snakes.
Thanks Mass.
Shame you shot that Copperhead ( I would have had that lol) , by the way where you live in Texas I think it`s the Southern and Broadbanded species that resides there ?.
I`ve seen some Copperhead bites ranging from just local swelling at the bite site and to how you mention above. The Venom of the Copperhead is mild in comparison to the Crotalus species you have out there in you`re area.

ps I`m after a Sidewinder Mass, if you find one , send it over. Lol :D:D:D

Latest posts