• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 different species in breeding tank

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi guys my friend tells me he has 2 different species of tarantula living together in a breeding tank is that normal cos I am led to believe they like there own space. Would be grateful of any feedback

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are both male tarantula just didn't think you could keep them housed in the same tank separated by a divider
as long as there is a divider they cant get to each other and so will be fine. If both male, no chance of hybridization but if that divide came down, only one male likely to survive (if lucky).

Seamus

3 Year Member
Will do pal . While your on here I have a 7cm gbb was wondering how big an enclosure I could house it in as it keeps webbing the lid in the tub its in

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
a small to medium size funarium type enclosure will be fine something about 20/25 cm in length. Approx 20cm high as well.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've seen photos of dividers failing in the past. Make sure it goes clear to the bottom of the enclosure and is secured on both sides. Also make sure its something they cant destroy like screen, cardboard, thin plastic or even wood. Make sure there is no ventilation holes in it also.
I would highly recommend not dividing and tank.

Latest posts