• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1cm slings

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
So I got my 2nd and 3rd Ts today, a GBB and a curly hair, both 1cm slings. I've got them in 12oz deli cups and have put the deli cups in another tub with a cup of water and a heat mat on the side. Right now the temp is 77.4f is this warm enough? If not how can I get it warmer? Is the set up ok?
eed9ce966e7b6282cab3b19c45993146.jpg
983d0aee8c49993b6fe86064b32dcea4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats on the new arrivals :).
It's so good to see someone using a thermostat with a heat mat, well done.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
Congrats on the new arrivals :).
It's so good to see someone using a thermostat with a heat mat, well done.
Thank you. The GBB is amazing to look at.

If didn't then I would always been wondering what temp it is. Is this set up ok? The temp?

My b.smithi is still hiding [emoji21]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you. The GBB is amazing to look at.

If didn't then I would always been wondering what temp it is. Is this set up ok? The temp?

My b.smithi is still hiding [emoji21]

The set ups look fine to me. The general rule is if the temperature is good for you to sit in comfort then it's fine for the Ts so that will be fine.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
The set ups look fine to me. The general rule is if the temperature is good for you to sit in comfort then it's fine for the Ts so that will be fine.
Ok. I'l take away the heat mat then. Should I still leave them in the tub with the water in?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A dribble of water down the side of the T's containers every 2-3 days or a very small bottle top as a water bowl will do just as well, don't worry they won't drown. The only reason for keeping them in the tub is if you have cats or kids that may knock small containers over.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
A dribble of water down the side of the T's containers every 2-3 days or a very small bottle top as a water bowl will do just as well, don't worry they won't drown. The only reason for keeping them in the tub is if you have cats or kids that may knock small containers over.
Well I have both of those so best keep them in there til the other half gets round to putting the shelves up lol. Thank you Enn49

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
I put the water in the tub with their enclosure to help get more humidity. Was I wrong in thinking that would work?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I put the water in the tub with their enclosure to help get more humidity. Was I wrong in thinking that would work?

It will help but a bowl each would do just as well and then they can get a drink too if they want.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
Not sure if u can see but the gbb is looking a little scrunched up. Is he ok, have I made it too moist?
0b02a0e52072650347fba01f668b4527.jpg

Last edited:

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not sure if u can see but the gbb is looking a little scrunched up. Is he ok, have I made it too moist?
0b02a0e52072650347fba01f668b4527.jpg

Nope. That is just your GBB's defensive pose. It is spooked from its new environment is my guess. Nothing wrong with your temps or humidity. Have fun--they are one of my favs. :rolleyes:;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
GBB and B. albo like it pretty dry. Like @Enn49 said all you need is a water dish in the deli cup with them, or drip water down the side. GBB are awesome, and they love to web. If it were me i'd remove some of the moss and put a stick or 2 in there standing up for anchor points for their web. B. albo are little bulldozers at that size, give them lots of substrate to dig their tunnels in and they'll be happy.

Stacey Ryan

3 Year Member
GBB and B. albo like it pretty dry. Like @Enn49 said all you need is a water dish in the deli cup with them, or drip water down the side. GBB are awesome, and they love to web. If it were me i'd remove some of the moss and put a stick or 2 in there standing up for anchor points for their web. B. albo are little bulldozers at that size, give them lots of substrate to dig their tunnels in and they'll be happy.
Can you I use a stick outside?

I've still got loads of crickets left. What is the best way to kill a cricket for a sling?

Latest posts