• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1 year anniversary

Aliallaie

Hello
its been exactly a year since I purchased both my Lasiodora Parahybana and acanthoscurria geniculata. They are both juvenile now. I also ordered a horned baboon tarantula from fear not. Waiting for it to ship this week. I’m also debating between a king baboon or Goliath birdeater. I love the fact how large they get. But I read Goliath are more difficult to care for.

Soulman

Hello
its been exactly a year since I purchased both my Lasiodora Parahybana and acanthoscurria geniculata. They are both juvenile now. I also ordered a horned baboon tarantula from fear not. Waiting for it to ship this week. I’m also debating between a king baboon or Goliath birdeater. I love the fact how large they get. But I read Goliath are more difficult to care for.
Aggressive kicking of potent irritating hairs,need for a high humidity and a deep substrate,low terrarium to prevent climbing accidents.And a bad bite.spidering can take six years to approach adulthood.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Male stirmis mature in three years...females 4 years. They are very fast growing with huge appetites. They are extremely aggressive/territorial while in their enclosure but more docile outside of it. They
stridulate alot "hiss" and flick hairs. The urticating hairs are horrible and the effects last weeks from one attack. They require very moist substrate with clean up crews to battle mold and mildew. The bites can be quit painful due to the massive long fangs. I raised a blondi as my first tarantula and it wasn't easy but I learned alot of hard lessons from it.
IMG-20180310-WA0006~2.jpg
IMG-20180614-WA0001.jpg
20200124_163435.jpg
20181221_140200_1.gif