• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zippity Do Da!! What a wonderful day.

Jesse254

3 Year Member
I met the teacher at his classroom with the intention of getting 3 or 4 T's and came home with these.

Attachments

• IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 52

Jesse254

3 Year Member
All these including 2 critter keepers for the small ones and 2.5 and 5.5 and 10 gallon aquariums with locking metal mesh tops for the other 5 with nice hides and water bowls for $220.00. I am sooooo tempted to go back and get a couple more. Wish I had a science teacher like him in middle school.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Agreed with it being stirmi. Also it could be the lighting but your Cyclosternum looks to be C. pentalore not C. fasciatum. The pentalore have a purplish hue to the orange carapace while the fasciatum is a bright orange.

Jesse254

3 Year Member
Agreed with it being stirmi. Also it could be the lighting but your Cyclosternum looks to be C. pentalore not C. fasciatum. The pentalore have a purplish hue to the orange carapace while the fasciatum is a bright orange.

Thanks Matthew, I got the C. fasciatum out and took a good look. It is bright orange so I'm good. I sort of thought the blondii was stirmi but for $50 including enclosure I can't complain. She is a big girl.

Jesse254

3 Year Member
Sooo, I have been thinking about this since I got home with these guys and I called the guy back tonight and am going back to get this one:

Salmon Pink Birdeater (Lasiodora parahybana) 7" female w/ tank

She is just gorgeous

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What is the one that looks like a Mexican red leg, but isn't......doesn't have the black "triangle" on its carapace? Tried clicking on photo to expand pic but the pop up is black and pics aren't showing.....

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Could be, but the banding is wider on a Boehmei. There's also the Auratum, Annitha or Baumgarteni. That's all the Smithi "lookalikes" I can think of, lol.