• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your thoughts

Dabegill

3 Year Member
Went to buy dog food at petco and as always I like to look at the critters. Noticed they had a T just hanging out next to the lizards. Was labeled "Mexican Red Rump".. went ahead and bought the guy as staff were saying it's been around for 5 months.

Anyways was looking at photos online and it doesn't match anything I've found regarding red rumps. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 68C8D520-4BFD-4D53-9A8D-B3D090879962.JPG
    68C8D520-4BFD-4D53-9A8D-B3D090879962.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 75

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Went to buy dog food at petco and as always I like to look at the critters. Noticed they had a T just hanging out next to the lizards. Was labeled "Mexican Red Rump".. went ahead and bought the guy as staff were saying it's been around for 5 months.

Anyways was looking at photos online and it doesn't match anything I've found regarding red rumps. Any ideas?
Not even close to a "mexican red rump" what were they asking for it?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I was gonna say lucky to see a red rump at a petco, atleast around here. I read people spot different Ts at big name pet shops from time to time but I only see rose hairs and pink toes. I did buy my A.seemanni from a Petland but that was the only thing different I've ever seen at a store like that.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
not really familiar with avic avic other than what i've seen here. I raised a versicolor, it's not colored right for that one, looked into getting a metallica for my son. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Rotten Apricots

3 Year Member
not really familiar with avic avic other than what i've seen here. I raised a versicolor, it's not colored right for that one, looked into getting a metallica for my son. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.
I am having the hardest time distinguishing the differences. Everyone tells me the red setaes means an avic avic and the silver means an avic metallica yet have been unable to identify if mine is even an avic avic or an avic metallica. Quite frustrating.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could it be an Caribena laeta (formely Avicularia laeta)? Mine went through a similar colour phase at around 6th instar.
DSCF2659a.jpg

Latest posts