• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

You call it Tuesday- I call it P. Pulcher day!

swimbait

3 Year Member
I've seen the name but never looked into it, very interesting spider. Dry and cool (room temp), heavy webber..is that right swimbait? You happen to have one?

That I do! Supposedly they do well in cool temps, I keep mine in the reptile room with the rest of my Ts so its in the 70s. Very intricate burrowers and heavy webbers if nowhere to burrow. Not a big species. Mine isn't the normal locale and has lighter legs thans most. I just rehoused in this pic or else there'd be web all over everything

20160113_145000.jpg

swimbait

3 Year Member
Great feeding responses too! Powerful! A lot of my T's at juvie sizes need to bite dubia in the stomach to get the fangs really into them, these guys bite straight through the backs with ease. I wish they got bigger! If I ever find a male of this locale I want to breed, not sure about crossbreeding to the normal locale seen don't want to mess things up

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to do some homework tonight. Feeding will bee easy enough, i have a thriving colony of roaches at home and just ordered in a bunch of pinheads. I think we may have a winner ;)

And thanks to @SasyStace for inspiring us to better our office spaces :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to do some homework tonight. Feeding will bee easy enough, i have a thriving colony of roaches at home and just ordered in a bunch of pinheads. I think we may have a winner ;)

No care sheets for them. AB thread and bugnation.co.uk show to keep them dryish (dry sub and water dish, occassional misting) and mid 60s to mid 70s for temps.

Anyone know how large these grow? Temperament? are they fast?

swimbait

3 Year Member

Sorry, that post was directed at massexodus and I was referring to the H. himalayana. Pulchers have great feeding responses but not nearly as powerful

Latest posts