• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yippee I have my gooty

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Im gonna give that a go I'll get some medium sized crickets give that ago sling is constantly tucked in the corner on top in a old cricket box might change it to a small more sturdy cage so she dont get stressed very time I open the lid they are a pain when trying to open carefully

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use the plastic tubs with the handles that lock the lid, dependent on the type of tarantula arboreal height terrestrial floor space. The plastic tubs I house sling to juvenile tarantulas, even bigger ones no chance of escape and easy to customize airflow vents with a soldering iron. Will try to post some pics of such tubs, helps a hell of a lot with space issues as well. Please know this as well, you find them in different shapes and sizes also different colored handles when its locked its locked tight.

Attachments

• 02_1127.jpg
    02_1127.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

jon ross

3 Year Member
Lovely looking ts. I want one! Moght have to go visit that shop in essex to see what theve got. Do you know their new name??

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Lovely looking ts. I want one! Moght have to go visit that shop in essex to see what theve got. Do you know their new name??[/quote

World of reptiles the new name is I go in there regularly il let you know if you want if they get anymore in also cold bloodied in Rainham they had 3 last week

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
World of reptiles the new name is I go in there regularly il let you know if you want if they get anymore in also cold bloodied in Rainham they had 3 last week
I go to scales and fangs a lot, not been to cold blooded for a while, my first a geniculata came from there . Scales and fangs are now in Rutherford close off progress road on the a 127 :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
love the gootys, very pretty . Kings reptiles are good too i've had some nice ts from there, but can't remember the road its in. we are lucky with our shops here.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Yes we are there are a few wiltons down pound lane have a few all so did anyone go to the spider show in allgate kent last Sunday I missed it really wanted to go as well I would of been like a kid in a sweet shop soooo many T's

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Gooty update its been 3 days since I got my biggest gooty she not excepting food yet but looks much settled. this evening is the first time coming out her hide wondering around getting to know her enclosure spinning a fine web as she moves absolute pleasure to watch

jon ross

3 Year Member
Awesome!! The shops down here are pretty crap tbh. Ive got one up the road thats ok but they are more fish keeping shop and dont seem to know much about the ts they sell

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Awesome!! The shops down here are pretty crap tbh. Ive got one up the road thats ok but they are more fish keeping shop and dont seem to know much about the ts

There a reptile place on canvey island I looked in a couple of weeks ago they had a Theraphosa blondi looked about 7 inch leg span £70 very nearly bought it but really wanted the gooty

jon ross

3 Year Member
Not too sure about a blondie lol. Im still new to the hobby and abit inexperienced for a monster like a blondie lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wiltons is my nearest but I only go in there if I can't get crickets in pets at home . Jungle phase only had snakes last time I was there but they were getting ts in. I like scales and fangs best. Will have to try reptile world soon.

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
Wiltons is my nearest but I only go in there if I can't get crickets in pets at home . Jungle phase only had snakes last time I was there but they were getting ts in. I like scales and fangs best. Will have to try reptile world soon.

Not too sure about a blondie lol. Im still new to the hobby and abit inexperienced for a monster like a blondie lol

Yes there big and aggressive and they flick hairs at you lol but these old world ornamentals are so fast

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
My biggest gooty has eaten for the first time last night im glad now she is obviously happy. I could see a change in her last night the way she was walking around its always a nice feeling when your new t has its first meal the sling however still not interested I cut a cricket in half for her to see if she would scavenge dead food but its a no go not change the enclosure but dont want to keep disturbing her

Spidro

3 Year Member
I dont know much about gooties, but I know my pink toe, who just got out of sling stage when I got her, wouldnt eat until she found the perfect spot in which to ambush her food from the wall lol, too cool to watch. Just give her time keep an eye on her, try to feed every few days id say, im sure when starving shell eat lol. And make sure theres always lots of water in the appropriate sized dish. Cheers! Ans good luck \m/

terror_corpz

3 Year Member
I dont know much about gooties, but I know my pink toe, who just got out of sling stage when I got her, wouldnt eat until she found the perfect spot in which to ambush her food from the wall lol, too cool to watch. Just give her time keep an eye on her, try to feed every few days id say, im sure when starving shell eat lol. And make sure theres always lots of water in the appropriate sized dish. Cheers! Ans good luck \m/

Thanks for the tip what was she feeding as a sling

Spidro

3 Year Member
From what the petshop told me just mini crickets, I think it was martin that posted it, good rule of thumb is anything smaller than her abdomen. And yes unfrotunately they wont eat if its already dead. U coyld try squishing the cricket slightly, so its legs wriggle around and it twitches, get it close enough to her and she might go for that. Seen my Haitian still eat after I murgalized some poor cricket. Maybe thatll work. Hope she eats today, freding day for my guys today too, cheers \m/

Latest posts