• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Xenesthis

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Stamps Tarantulas is having a new year sale. He had two of my most wanted tarantulas marked down 40%..the P mascara...and the X sp white...$75 and $135. I just ordered two of the sp. white. I couldn't stop myself. Amazing looking spiders. I'll be going back for a few pamphos too :) Hopefully ill have pics Wednesday..the spiderlings kind of remind me of T apophysis slings. Why do I feel guilty? Lol. Anyone have these? Any comments on the species or genus?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
beautiful Ts. I've never seen a sp white for sale, just sp blues and they run way above my price range. around $100 per inch or so depending where you look. I'd say that's a great catch on the sp White

micheldied

3 Year Member
I've never had a Xenesthis before, but the genus is definitely my favorite of the NW terrestrials after Theraphosa and Pamphobeteus. Pics when you get them?

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Stamps Tarantulas is having a new year sale. He had two of my most wanted tarantulas marked down 40%..the P mascara...and the X sp white...$75 and $135. I just ordered two of the sp. white. I couldn't stop myself. Amazing looking spiders. I'll be going back for a few pamphos too :) Hopefully ill have pics Wednesday..the spiderlings kind of remind me of T apophysis slings. Why do I feel guilty? Lol. Anyone have these? Any comments on the species or genus?

Man, I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous. My wife has been listening to me talk about those X sp. whites for months. Ha! Congrats!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Of course the pics Steven has up are professional grade, if you google them you'll get a better idea of how they look. Which is still exceptional :) Nine inches in leg span, commonly :) And purty :) Hopefully I'll get out of the hole I just dug in time to grab a few of those mascara. Supposedly a dry sp which is interesting..I like the look of the adults as well. 75 bucks for those. Didn't I see an open spot in your T room, last time you did a video?

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Of course the pics Steven has up are professional grade, if you google them you'll get a better idea of how they look. Which is still exceptional :) Nine inches in leg span, commonly :) And purty :) Hopefully I'll get out of the hole I just dug in time to grab a few of those mascara. Supposedly a dry sp which is interesting..I like the look of the adults as well. 75 bucks for those. Didn't I see an open spot in your T room, last time you did a video?

I was eyeing the mascara as well. Haha. Man, something tells me the Christmas money I've been holding onto is about to go REALLY fast...and a large chunk of my next check as well.

HA! As a matter of fact, I think I might have some space... ;)

Bugmom

3 Year Member
I saw that. I was like, hmmm.... maybe?

I've been waffling on getting Xenesthis for literally years now, but they are ridiculously hard to breed. That's part of the appeal, to be honest, but it's also a lot of money to spend on tarantulas I may get nothing back on except them sitting there, looking pretty. And I do keep a lot just because I personally like them, but I can get "pretty" species for a whole lot less $.

But...but... Xenesthis!!! Argh.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know, it's too much money for spiders. I've always prided myself on getting good deals and not spending too much, after all, the 20 dollar avic in petco can be as rewarding as any other spider...It's just that my collection is about to be capped, because they take a lot of my time already and I don't want it to become like work caring for them. So for the last 5 or 10 spiders, I'm only getting the ones I consider top ten material, and most of them fall in the same category as the X sp white, like Pamphos and Phormictopus sp purple and Theraphosa apophysis and stirmi. I'll get the ones I want, but it's going to take awhile. I have to stop at some point and enjoy what I have, and let go of the pressing need for more spiders on my shelves. They're about full anyway, and I just got a new set..:mad:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You don't have to qualify your buying a spider, just enjoy it and share her with us :p
You have a good camera now ^.^

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, I ordered them sunday night, and here it is thursday and no tracking number or shipment notice or any communication except an automated receipt. Which is fine, I have patience, but I'm trying to get in touch to add to my order and no response, which is not very cool. I wanted to add a few P mascara..I don't need money to eat or anything, I can steal corn out of old man Thursten's field...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
ROFL! Piggy has to eat too ! She told me she likes texas barbecue and not field corn :p
On a serious note, is there not a contact number anywhere?