• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB Grammostola Pulchra

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
I'm usually pretty crafty with finding things online, but I'm DEF out of options with this one.

Just looking for a female Grammostola Pulchra at least 3". Really this doesn't sound like a hard find right lol? Hoping this posting might help. Many thanks :)

Fleas

3 Year Member
I'm usually pretty crafty with finding things online, but I'm DEF out of options with this one.

Just looking for a female Grammostola Pulchra at least 3". Really this doesn't sound like a hard find right lol? Hoping this posting might help. Many thanks :)
Sounds like a very hard one, I can get a female b klaasi right now before I can get a female g pulchra. Might change in a couple months

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
Sounds like a very hard one, I can get a female b klaasi right now before I can get a female g pulchra. Might change in a couple months
How would you go about it? Just continue the 20+ monthly calls to local pet shops, keep checking online dealers and forum marketplace? I was able to contact a few wholesalers too, but nothing yet.

Thanks for the input Fleas :)

Fleas

3 Year Member
Yes I would check the forums hourly the online shops daily and Craig list weekly they will get sold quick. This is how I do it when am looking but then again am a addict:p

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
Lol! Well I'm an addict too when I can't find something :D

It would save me a LOT of time if I could search craigslist by the whole state, and not just city wide.

Fleas

3 Year Member
Most won't recommend craigslist but that's how I got my 3 g pulchra's

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You must be vigilant, check all forum advertisement sections daily, twice daily if you have time. It takes a lot of time and effort to raise a pulchra to 3". A confirmed female being offered at this size is rare, buy they do come up, and they go fast.
I have produced three years in a row now, but even the slings from my first batch are still under 3".

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
You must be vigilant, check all forum advertisement sections daily, twice daily if you have time. It takes a lot of time and effort to raise a pulchra to 3". A confirmed female being offered at this size is rare, buy they do come up, and they go fast.
I have produced three years in a row now, but even the slings from my first batch are still under 3".

Thanks for that. I have roughly 15 sites set to favorites on my browser to make it a little easier. So when were your first batch born?

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Summer 2013 The two from this batch that I kept should get to about 3" with their next molt. But they are both males. I have a few I kept from 2014, but they are not ready to sex for at least two more molts.

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
Summer 2013 The two from this batch that I kept should get to about 3" with their next molt. But they are both males. I have a few I kept from 2014, but they are not ready to sex for at least two more molts.
WOW. Slow growers indeed :D

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Slow growth for two years, rapid growth for one year, then slow growth from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts