• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my rosie.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
My g.porteri has been acting funny the last couple of days and starting to worry me. At first I was just thinking she's near a molt since she's only molted once in the 4 years I've had her.
_20170329_172745.JPG
First thing I noticed was she was acting unusually skittish. I slightly bumped her enclosure and she went into a out burst bitting her substrate. Over the past couple days I've noticed secretion around her joints and looks as she's curling up but continues to work on her web. I've read that some leak fluid before a molt but scary she looks like she's going to curl up and then gets back to work. I have over 20 Ts and never noticed this before with any other. She was my first T so I hope she's ok. Anyone ever experienced this before?

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Sadly she didn't make it. I noticed she's actually missing a pedipalp but it was too late to try to help. Very upsetting, she was my first T and sad to see her go.