• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

wont stop eating.

Alex Gibson

3 Year Member
My female chilli Rosa is a great eater and constantly looks for pray. She is young adult. I couldn't get the normal large black crickets the day I went to the shop and as I was getting a small op done and won't be driving for a week I just got small brown crickets. So I've fed her 2 at a time one I through to her and one for her to hunt down through the night. She is a fantastic creatcher to own and watch. Is what I'm doing OK or is this bad, I've only ever had her so I'm not a expert at this. Could someone just assure me.
Thanks Alex

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hello Alex,
Good to hear your T is eating well. Leads me to believe its acclimated to the enclosure and you are doing husbandry well.
Beware this species has been known for mood swings, prolonged periods of fasting and slow growth rate.
I feed mine one prey item at a time and remove the following day if not eaten. 3-4 crickets a month, unless the rump exceeds 1 1/2 times the size of the carapace, then its 2-3 crickets. [emoji6] G. rosea, IMO, have one of the lowest metabolism rates and can be overfed if not careful. [emoji10]
Keep up the good work!

Latest posts