• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wolf spider growth and life span

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Denny Dee I am jealous as hell!! and I like the matching enclosure on shelves looks wonderful! definitely appeals to the OCD in me! :)
Lol. I know right? If you think that is bad, take a look at this:
This is on the other side of my room using the exact same shelving system. Had to wrap it around my printer, humidifier and space heater. My wife said she would support my addiction as long as it was contained to the one room. So I had to get creative :D
IMG_2019_zpsxrkhyb19.jpg

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So my Wolfe must have had one more molt....he now has emboli on his palps....not a girl after all.....this would explain the smaller size

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
Hey Jennifer, Any updates on the Wolfe? Did he survive the winter?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That is awesome! Nice job. I just ordered a Hogna sp. Miami and should be receiving this weekend. They will be joining my Hogna sp. Arizona and my Hogna Helluo. Most likely that will be it for the Summer. Out of space again :(

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can just go out and catch them? (Mild hissy fit action) :D
Well, I have to drive an hr and a half southwest to near the Mexican border, but yep :D. Gonna make a vacation out of it, hopefully I'll come back after a few days with several pairs. I just want one female, maybe two, and a young male. The ones I dont keep will go to Austin and maybe a few other breeders, depending on how many I catch :)

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
My wolfie passed today at almost exactly two years old. I'm not sure what happened. He had been lethargic the past week. Found him upside down in the waterdish......sad face

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My wolfie passed today at almost exactly two years old. I'm not sure what happened. He had been lethargic the past week. Found him upside down in the waterdish......sad face

Bummer! But I know the feeling. PM me if you are looking to buy a replacement and I can share some sources with you.

Latest posts