• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wildlife Educator checking in!

Nonie

3 Year Member
Hello, I am the proud owner of 2 tarantulas (Grammostola pulchra & Grammostola rosea) and many other critters, mostly unwanted pets. I bring them to parties and classrooms to teach about their natural history and responsible pet ownership. www.noniesark.com I am logging in today because I'm worried about my 7ish year old "Carmen". For about 6 months, she's been acting strange and "fidgety". I have given her a long break and haven't handled her, but I want to follow up on what the problem is! Our normal routine is approximately 3 days a week, for up to 4 times a day, at 5-8 min, she has been handled for the past 5 years. She was aprox 2 years old when I got her. She seems to not be "standing". Kind of dragging herself around in a scared frenzy. Please see the series of videos to see what I'm referring to. I DO NOT normally poke at her like this... this is just to show what she is doing so you can help me, help her. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She is most likely just scared. Handling a T will stress it out as will constant poking.

Nonie

3 Year Member
Sorry, I should have clarified. This tarantula has been with me for 7 years and has been handled at least 3 times a week, for up to 4 times a day at about 8 min at a time for shows. This is something new. I was only poking at her so you could watch her movements. If she were actually scared, she would have reared up at me. I have edited my original message.

Last edited:

Latest posts