• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where do you keep your feeders?

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
Hi guys.

I have a rather populated colony of lats that I keep in an aquarium. Where do you keep yours?
Also I think I'm having a problem with flies on that aquarium. I noticed that at the top there are a lot of fly eggs.Do you have tips on how to avoid having the aquarium infested with those pesky little flies?

Thank you! :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
overfeeding from the colony. My son and i were doing different feeding days and between the 2 of us we accidentally fed all the adults ;) so then we had to wait a while for the others to grow and start breeding again. My colony was small then maybe 150 or so, was about 30 young left when i noticed ;) Now i'm back up to about 600 give or take. and ordered in 25 pinheads from Jamies for the jumping spider my son caught.

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
There goes my colony... Found them all dead when I checked them today... And the walls are littered with fly eggs.
I don't get it. How do they die when overfed? I have this habit of just leaving them with a small pile of cat food.

Edit: Can I feed my babies meal worms instead?

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
feed your T's mealworms? yes! it's so fun to watch the small slings battle the worms :D

Sorry to hear about the colony, sounds like it may have been too moist with the fly eggs. What type of fly? Black Fly larvae is a great feeder for lizards, packed with calcium though so i wouldn't feed them much to the Ts.

Latest posts