• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When You Get Negative Feedback

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have often wondered if my fondness for drink is what will get me bitten or stung the first time. Either way it should just be the one incident, I learn fast, believe it or not:)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't drink often, but when I do I observe a strict "no messing with spiders" policy, more for their safety than mine.
I do drink drink often, and unfortunately I get an urge to check on all my inverts when I do, lmao. I don't take them out or handle them, but I do feed them..I can see me reaching into my gracilis colony to lift the bark, looking at a couple underneath, not seeing the three adults on the side of it, and bam!bam! bam!, there's a little extra buzz for ya, and swollen fingers, dummy. lol..I will say, even drunk I wont stick my hand in the wrong enclosures..my "hots" have tongs sitting on each of their houses, and are clearly labeled.. No touchy..I even pull their water dishes with tongs.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Story of my life...haha
This pretty much sums up my experiences when it comes to photos I share on Facebook lol.

In all seriousness though, i get that not everyone is a spider fan and I'm cool with that. What really irritates me however is when you get comments like "Where's the raid at?" or something along those lines. I don't care if its meant to be humorous, joking about killing somebodys pet, regardless of what type of animal it is, is just plain wrong.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think most people that have said something about my hobby that I found offensive, said it not really knowing how offensive they'd been..when confronted they did seem sorry they had said it. Most people just dont care for bugs, so its unnatural to them when they see people who raise and breed them. Typical dumb human reaction to anything strange or alien to them, reaction without thought. Or in some cases, reaction after a failed attempt at thought. As Sam Jackson once said in an interview, "There's a lot of dumb muthaf!(@s out there". Truer words were never spoken.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Most poeple give negative feedback cause they can not master the fear factor in their heads .And others just like to single poeple out .Well I have had it all from poeple stop coming around well thats up to them . Work colleague saying am crazy staying in with those spiders .You have to respect poeple wishes like they have to respect yours and dont let the rest of the wimps drag you down . Was gonna use another word instead of wimps but not appropriate for family forum lol .

Last edited: