• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When do I change the bedding

Grizzly

3 Year Member
When would I change the bedding for my T she has been in the same bedding for about 8 months now.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As long as you remove all bolus and dead crickets, anything that could go mouldy, there is no need to change the substrate except when rehousing to a larger container..

NukaMedia Exotics

3 Year Member
I've read from experienced owners that they might leave the same substrate in for years as long as there is no serious reason to do so (molt, etc.) as to avoid disturbing the spider and destroying its home.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've read from experienced owners that they might leave the same substrate in for years as long as there is no serious reason to do so (molt, etc.) as to avoid disturbing the spider and destroying its home.
Yep, I don't change the substrate ever, unless doing a rehouse or there's a reason to change it (mold, mites, etc.). Just spot clean as needed. You can spot clean mold if you catch it in time too ;)

Latest posts