1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to do when you have a T bite?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Bite Reports' started by Roo, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Shampain

Shampain Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Your biggest worry about being bit by an OBT is that you throw yourself out the upstairs window to end the pain lol! I've posted this here before but here lol

I read about someone bitten by a Gooty on AB I think and he used a cable tie round his finger as tight as he could take and hot water as hot as he could bare... No real side effects apparently.... He said he squeezed the bite straight away and clear fluid came out so not dry...
    Bingyu, Kymura and MassExodus like this.
  2. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Imagine writhing around on the couch for an hr while old world venom burns its way up your arm, with no choice but to wait it out. I bet most people who get bitten once, never let it happen again:D There are some seriously funny bite reports on the other forum..:D
    Shampain likes this.
  3. kormath

kormath Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Albums:
    clear fluid could have been plasma. guy is an idiot lol, worst thing you can do for a bite is tie it off, makes your body work harder to get blood to that area, making the venom spread faster if you didn't tie it off in time. Hot water increases blood flow, use cool compress or cool water instead, not cold. that will help shrink the blood vessels and slow down blood flow and the spread of venom. Squeezing it won't do much, you're just getting surface tissue fluid that way, you'd need suction to really help remove the venom.

Unless treating a T bite is different than a snake bite.
    Shampain and IamKrush like this.
  4. Arachnes' Acolyte

Arachnes' Acolyte Member

Lol, I have no problem with pain...been snake bit by some of the nastiest, stung, tattoos on my eyelids....even stabbed! But, when my H. maculata(TOGO Starburst) got me in the finger...shit got real! 3hours of intense pain...wishing I would just pass out...it certainly isn't funny at the time but.....I think back and laugh now. A grown ass tattooed man clutching his hand turning five shades of red and sweating balls cussing a little T out lol....ahhhh good times.
    IamKrush, Shampain and MassExodus like this.
  5. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Lmao ...I know it will happen to me eventually, I drink too much..
  6. Shampain

Shampain Well-Known Member 1,000+ Post Club

Media:
    Haha just shows how much crap people talk, I don't ever plan on getting bit but ill remember your advice if I do :)
    IamKrush likes this.
  7. Arachnes' Acolyte

Arachnes' Acolyte Member

Good chance lol, everybody needs to get tagged at least once...it serves as a humbling reminder of why they deserve the respect they do. Dealing with them everyday...it's easy to get complacent lol. I was trying to show my buddy how to feed them because he was interested but all I had was crickets on hand. He accidently dropped one too close to it.....lol....needless to say it flipped out and got me. At least it wasn't him lol. Lesson learned....the pain will be remembered lol.
    IamKrush and MassExodus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted