• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other pets do you currently have?

IttyBittySpider

3 Year Member
Well, I don't have a ton of other indoor pets at the moment :p
1.0.0 Sunglow Corn, Kegan (old pics from last summer. He eats like a hog and has gotten bigger since these pics, just no good recent pictures. Will take some after he sheds)
dsc0543q.jpg

dsc0535w.jpg

1.0.0 Pinstripe Ball python, Monty :) My problem snake, it's always a battle to keep him eating. He's doing well though!
523753_391382277590767_1280452147_n.jpg

Also have a guinea pig and a chicken running around here! I've been breeding poultry for a long time, and there's always all sorts of chickens, turkeys, ducks, etc running around outdoors

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
Thought I would share a few pics of my recent addition:
This is Varro, a normal ball python, unsure of the sex right now. He was an impulse buy, but I'm already in love with him.
IMG_4457_zps2d62f883.jpg

IMG_4485_zps86b5d574.jpg

IMG_4579_zps20006ebc.jpg

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
i have 2 mini kangaroo mice (male and female). just got it this morning. i was chillin at the huge pet shop near the bank i deposited money to pay for my new T's :D while i was walking through the zoo like pet shop i saw these little mice being all cute and innocent. then i thought to myself if i could breed these things. maybe i could feed a few of their pinkies to my T's. :D

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
All these cool pets that everyone's sharing! At the moment I just have two dogs other than my pair of T's, Cosmo Kramer and Elaine Benes. He's a 6yr old Pug and she's a 5yr old Boston Terrier. I've had them since they were so small they could fit in my hand and they're the best friends a guy could ask for :).
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I used to have 12 corn snakes and 10 ball pythons of various morphs that I was breeding plus all of the mice and rats they could eat, a ridiculous number a freshwater and saltwater fish that were breed, and numerous types of scorpions and true spiders, some of which I bred as well. Sadly, being in the Army makes it rough to keep all of them.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
1.0.0 Pinstripe Ball python, Monty :) My problem snake, it's always a battle to keep him eating. He's doing well though!
523753_391382277590767_1280452147_n.jpg

What do you feed him? My recommendation is always fresh killed. If your going with frozen that could be why he's so picky. When I was breeding these beauties I never had a feeding issue that couldn't be resolved with a freshly killed mouse/rat. If you want any tips on how I worked it out just let me know. Beautiful little guy :)

torstrum

3 Year Member
Here are some photos of my uro, my basilisk, and my cat, i also have a rabbit but its my brothers and i dont really care for it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 13

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Right now I have a newly acquired Mexican Red Knee (loving her!!) and my family raises chickens for meat and eggs. We also have two cats, and I had a horse for 8 years. This May we'll be getting a German Shepherd puppy as well. We raise rabbits, too (for eating) but do not currently have any. Our goal is to eventually purchase a large plot of land and raise cattle and pigs for our own consumption. We're big on grass-fed, organic meat and eggs! :)

laura916

3 Year Member
I just realized i posted in the other thread that Bast made showing his.. sorry bout that, i meant to post in this one. I didnt mean to ambush his thread with my pics

laura916

3 Year Member
Just wanted to share we got 2 new kittens in the beginning of may, 1 for each of my boys' birthdays. We have other cats and they didnt take too kindly to the new baby kittens... until mothers day. The weirdest thing occured, lol. My female siamese all of a sudden started acted obssessive over them, following them, luring them into a hidden corner, meowing like crazy. She seems to think suddenly that they are hers. Its adorable. Its even gotten to the point where she nurses them, or at least thinks she does, lol. They literally lay with her and "nurse".

Attachments

• 734063_549364978448252_390840109_n.jpg
    734063_549364978448252_390840109_n.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts