• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What other pets do you currently have?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a CA desert tortoise and also a Hogg Isle Boa Constrictor. The tortoise I've had for about 5 years, the boa for about 3 years. I am wanting to get something else but I don't think I can afford it at this time. I may have to wait a little while longer.
What other pets do you have? What other pets are you waiting to get??

Brina916

3 Year Member
My fiance and I have too many to list individually, but we have a handful of large and and small parrots, a handful of chameleons, a few other reptiles, 2 dogs, and a heaping handful of snakes (mostly ball pythons)...Then at my parents house down the street from us, I have my pot belly piggy Pumba and my adult sulcata tortoise Lochness

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow - you've got a large assortment of animals in your life! Always been pet people?

Youlovejordan

3 Year Member
I have a spoiled teacup yorkie but I would like to own more pets I want another tarantula and maybe a small snake like a corn snake or something that's low maintenance.

Shaina

3 Year Member
Well I'm on the same page as Brina as far as animal loving goes I just don't have quite as many...yet. I have 4 dogs ( a chihuahua, a shih-tzu, a pitbull, a pit/boxer mix), 3 cats, a mali uromastyx, a crested gecko, a fish tank, a rabbit, and of course my 4 Ts. I want a Dumpy Frog bc the last one I had was awesome and I could hand feed him crickets, I want some sort of snake I'm thinking a boa because I've always liked them the most out of all the snakes I've had, I want a bird probably a quaker parrot, and I want a baby box turtle and a mini pig :) If it was up to me I'd have one of everything in the world!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hahahah Shaina wants to be the next Noah and have a breeding pair of everything! If I had the room and resources, I think I would want one of everything too! ;) :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I really want a lizard of some kind next. Maybe a gecko... I can't decide! My girlfriend is going to get a few dart frogs

Shaina

3 Year Member
If you get a gecko get a crested gecko! They are pretty much the most low maintenance geckos EVER! No heating or lighting requirements just simple fluorescent lighting for 12 hour day and night and room temp. All they eat is this specially made food you can get on pretty much any reptile website called crested gecko diet (go figure) and they are so easy to handle and not to mention friggin adorable! Here's my crested gecko Juno:

zxa2h0.jpg

Cute huh?! I love her! And I think you would enjoy them they come in different colors too like orange!

jetfire

3 Year Member
Gargoyles are better than cresties, in my not-so-humble opinion...I would upload pics to prove my point, but they're to big to load here...
Josh, is there anything we can do about that? The same pics i've loaded at geckotalk are too big for here.I have no idea how to compress them from my phone...

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Give it a try now. I've upped the limit to 10mb should be the same as GeckoTalk.com

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't get over the patterning on the brown gecko. It almost looks like the pattern on a shirt I used to have. The lines are so straight and well-defined!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw I love that photo with the macaw and the tortoise! How old is your macaw? How long have you had him? That sulcata looks really healthy too! I love it!

Latest posts