• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What kind of boa is this?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Sorry for the crappy pic...this boa has a leapord patterned underside, salmon and beige colored mosaic. Super pretty. She was given to the shop as a red tail boa, Columbian but he has it labeled as Nicarguan because of the darkness of her topside. Any ideas other snake lovers?
20170309_140703.jpg

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry for the crappy pic...this boa has a leapord patterned underside, salmon and beige colored mosaic. Super pretty. She was given to the shop as a red tail boa, Columbian but he has it labeled as Nicarguan because of the darkness of her topside. Any ideas other snake lovers?
View attachment 22951
Could a leapord boa. A clearer picture with better lighting would help better answer your question

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I know its not a leapord boa, if it was it would be priced higher than it is currently. I am seeing if the shop has a better pic, I unfortunately do not. The coloration of his top reminds me of a black pastel ball python that the LPS has in his store right now (similar to below for the python:)
010.jpg

The underside of him is this gorgeous mosiac beige/pink/black design, kinda reminds me of like an adobe hut roof tiles.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
I know its not a leapord boa, if it was it would be priced higher than it is currently. I am seeing if the shop has a better pic, I unfortunately do not. The coloration of his top reminds me of a black pastel ball python that the LPS has in his store right now (similar to below for the python:)
010.jpg

The underside of him is this gorgeous mosiac beige/pink/black design, kinda reminds me of like an adobe hut roof tiles.
Well thats definitely not a normal redtail boa. Im currently looking at mine lol. Maybe this photo will help you

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
View attachment 22956 View attachment 22956 View attachment 22956
Well thats definitely not a normal redtail boa. Im currently looking at mine lol. Maybe this photo will help you
Haha, yeah he doesn't think so either. Based on that picture it looks like the Jungle boa but when i google jungle boa, it was all orange boa's not the dark one. I think it might be the same morph as this one:
maxresdefault.jpg
which was labeled on the image search as: Motley Het T+ Albino Nicaragua Dwarf Boa Imperator. Or this one:
e905e3319d06f2ac057a81edac82a638.jpg
which is labeled as caramel-albino. I'd need to see the underside but these two are definitely the right tops.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
So I fell in love with this boa and my wonderful boyfriend said I could get it :) we are looking for a new home for my frog as I would rather have this boa over the frog but I can keep both until the frog finds a home. His friend might take it or his cousins. Once I have the boa, I will post better pics of it. I am purchasing today but since I will be out all day and the lps is closed on Sundays I will pick the beautiful boa that stole my heart on Monday. The LPS said I could.

Latest posts