• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are you up to today?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm just trying to spread the word about our community. Relaxing and drinking sweet tea on this nice Sunday afternoon. How about you? What are you up to?

laurarfl

3 Year Member
Today is Tues (I'm a little late). I have some school work to do, buy a few presents for my daughter who turns 18 tomorrow (yikes!), and drive my 16yo daughter to her lyra aerial class tonight.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Lyra aerial class? What's that?
I'm in San Francisco today visiting for a little while. It's nice and sunny here.

laurarfl

3 Year Member
My ballerina is running away to join the circus :) She has taken her ballet training to silks and lyra (hoop) work, suspended from the ceiling.
DSC05764.JPG
lyra2.jpg
552846_3146177053714_1243666302_32201270_1221378925_n.jpg178972_3146178893760_1243666302_32201271_953081388_n.jpg

jetfire

3 Year Member
Josh, this may seem like a weird question, but is it easy to find sweet tea out west? Its going to suck if I get to Phoenix and can't find good sweet tea anywhere.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm sweet tea... Funny you ask cause I never drink the stuff (I prefer unsweetened) but I just bought Trader Joe's sweet tea and I like it! I don't know what constitutes good sweet tea but I bet cold drink variations won't be in short supply during Arizona summers.

Brina916

3 Year Member
So I did something interesting today, My fiance and I went to a reptile club meeting where they did a live demo of how to safely catch and relocate rattle snakes. They had the "hots" there on site and you got to move one from the enclosure to the safety bucket if you wanted to, Thankfully it all went smoothly and none of the snakes got aggressive. But they are trying to get the word out on calling a rescue out to help with relocating them because in our area animal control is sadly instructed to "kill onsite"....
Anyway the highlight for me was I got another T, I felt really bad for him he is an adult male (yet rather scrawny) Rose-hair Red color form "RCF" and he is missing one of his back legs.

Donk

3 Year Member
Laura the hoop work and suspended aerial stuff is amazing, ive seen it live a few times at bike rallies and gigs ivve been too...fantastic.

Keeping on topic tho Im not upto much just chilling after a day of work and checking the snake im snake sitting at the min.

what about you lovely lot???

Brina the reptile do you went to sounds interesting re enclosuring dwa`s i would of been panicked but had a go and hoped it was a time when curiousity didnt kill the cat!!!

NudistApple

3 Year Member
Today I spent a few hours cleaning my various animal enclosures, sent one of my foster rats off to their forever home, grabbed dinner with my partner and parents, and then went bowling. It was a pretty good day!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Today has been a cleaning day for me. Cleaned enclosures, fed the snake and tortoise. Cleaned the house a bit. I think I'm ready for a nap!

Donk

3 Year Member
Working, Going to Chilton Aquatics to get a nice little siamise fighter (bright red she is), Watching the thunderstorm..then looking for rest my costume for the horror themed night at next months bike rally!.

Josh what tort and snake do you have?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Watching a thunderstorm sounds like a great summertime activity. Wish they'd come through here...

I have a Desert Tortoise and a Hogg Isle Boa

Donk

3 Year Member
The storm was pretty nice to watch...if i wa sout in the U.S i would be one those storm chasers you see on the documetries I think.

Just googled the tort. nice! (not a shelled man myself but nice!) Hog WOW :) kudos, I miss my snakes, only have 2 royal pythons and a corn now.along with the beardie, 3 tropical fishtanks and G.Rosea and Axylotl

I used to have 14 Corns ranging from new borns to 8 year olds, Adult female Boa, Hognose and Lavender albino kingsnake, then I had berberskinks, 3 leopard geckos, 2 Asain water dragons, tiger salamander..alot the collection had to go tho due to work commitments and not being able to devote the time i knew deep down they needed.

Donk

3 Year Member
Cryptic howd the rehousing go??? May i suggest (i dont rehouse i got my g.rosea as adult and she had same home all along) a thread with pics on rehousing...

That aside I havent been upto much getting ready for a bike rally next week, so far its involved making sure i can find the tent, buy a crate larger, crate ale, bottle vodka, bottle whisky, crate of energy pop and some food. Lol

Donk

3 Year Member
hellooooooooooo anybody here??? Ive just come back from a bike rally, poured down was muddy as hell, but beer was consumed, rock was played n fun was had.

laurarfl

3 Year Member
Still here...went to the keys for a week for some snorkeling...yay!

Now I have a bunch of baby reptiles in the house that need a lot of attention! Summer's almost over and school starts back in 3ish weeks or so

Latest posts