• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Webbing

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
My Phidippus audax (bryantae variation) made this huge new web in its new enclosure. It reminds me of Halloween. This spiders looks and personality makes me happy.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
I look in my jumping spiders enclosure this morning only to find her laying a sac! While the eggs are probably infertile, its amazing to finally know the gender of my awesome jumping spider.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Lee Sanchez

3 Year Member
Here in central California they seem to be able to live for up to 3 years in the back yard. Most probably die in 1 year. Indoors they may die a lot faster because its always warm. This is just what it seems like from watching the tons in the backyard. The ones here go from red to white as they grow. They seem to like to watch people. I have a shed out back that we play computer games and smoke in. Its not uncommon for one to hangout right under your arms and watch you. There is one that I was seeing before it got cold that was a little bigger than a quarter. If it survived this winter I would guess it would be in its third year. They tickle the webs of the daddy long legs to try to get them to come close enough to jump. They are a trip and always cool to watch.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah i was at a picnic and was sitting at the table and there was one on my coffee cup. I had an aphid crawling on me so i showed it to the jumping spider. It jumped on it and ate it. then it sat there looking at me like a begging dog. I am not making this up. thought it was cool as hell. what r the biggest species? I really think im gonna have to get 1 or 2 or 3 or 4. :)

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
I've had mine for about a year and they're still going strong. I hear that jumping spiders can live up to 2-3 years in captivity. I will let you know when one of mine passes. I think the biggest species is Hyllus diardi.

Latest posts