• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Webbing LP

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's in premolt, everything Cryptic said is correct. Spiders in premolt shouldn't be stressed out by removing them from the environment they created. Put her back, leave her alone and let her do w/e she wants:) removing a spider from its house, where it has lain web and urcticating hairs, just stresses the spider. That goes for all spiders. Rehousing is kind of a big deal..
The reason for this is that they're first sense isn't seeing, like us, its feeling what touches they're domain. They hunt by web and touch and feel. They don't see their prey most times.
Their* lol it was bothering me..
PSSSST @MassExodus
upload_2017-3-10_9-16-49.png

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She doesn't look to be in premolt. See the light colored skin at the bald spot? That turns darker and darker to black before they molt. She is very fat though, probably just not hungry :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's what I thought. I left a small cricket, see if she gets it. She hasn't eaten in 10 days but yeah she's a chunky monkey

10 days is nothing to worry about. She will need time to settle down again after you moved her, then moved her back. You need to leave her alone for a few days, let her settle and then try feeding her again. She's had a lot of stress in the last week or so.

Latest posts