• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Webbing in a bad spot..

Chandler Kaze

3 Year Member
So my T is webbing in her new enclosure but shes webbing in a bad spot. I have a tall exoterra that opens from the front. She has started webbing at the top right corner, but it connects to the side of the cage as well as the front wall that moves when I open it. So when I have to open her enclosure to feed or mist or clean, it is going to disturb her each time, or possibly destroy her web. Is there anyway to encourage her to web in a different area? I can open it form the top but it will be really awkward and more difficult for feeding and anything else I would have to open her enclosure for.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, especially when their primitive "brains" are supposedly incapable of learning.
I think some of mine know when its feeding time. My versicolor will wait at the end of its funnel web the day before until i give it a roach on feeding day. Unless it in premolt. Sorry to go off topic. I just think its neat.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think some of mine know when its feeding time. My versicolor will wait at the end of its funnel web the day before until i give it a roach on feeding day. Unless it in premolt. Sorry to go off topic. I just think its neat.
i have a few that know what feeding day is. any other day i go check water or spot clean they'll run to their hides and watch, feeding day (wednesday and Sunday) when i pick up their enclosures to feed they come out of the hide and wait.

They may have a primitive brain, but i don't buy that they can't learn and can't tell one person from another. I've seen numerous of our T's react different for my son and I. like his schizoid GBB that hates my guts but he can handle ;) or my B. albiceps that tried to bite him but i can handle.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i have a few that know what feeding day is. any other day i go check water or spot clean they'll run to their hides and watch, feeding day (wednesday and Sunday) when i pick up their enclosures to feed they come out of the hide and wait.

They may have a primitive brain, but i don't buy that they can't learn and can't tell one person from another. I've seen numerous of our T's react different for my son and I. like his schizoid GBB that hates my guts but he can handle ;) or my B. albiceps that tried to bite him but i can handle.
Those are my feeding days as well,haha. I think they learn certain things.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think a living predator HAS to have the ability to learn, at least to some extent. Primitive nerve cluster brain or not.(And the big brains have no idea what information is exchanged there) Theories are all we have, but I think common sense should get more consideration. A living animal has to have some ability to think and learn, otherwise it's survival is a dubious prospect.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think a living predator HAS to have the ability to learn, at least to some extent. Primitive nerve cluster brain or not.(And the big brains have no idea what information is exchanged there) Theories are all we have, but I think common sense should get more consideration. A living animal has to have some ability to think and learn, otherwise it's survival is a dubious prospect.
agreed, they wouldn't have survived since dinosaurs if they couldn't learn anything.

Latest posts