• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanted Grammostola pulchra and Grammostola rosea spiderling lots

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
Looking for wholesale spiderling lots of the above Tarantulas .. lots of 20 to 25 .. Newly legal species here and I am getting request everyday for them .. thanks

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looking for wholesale spiderling lots of the above Tarantulas .. lots of 20 to 25 .. Newly legal species here and I am getting request everyday for them .. thanks

I have some Grammastola porteri (rosehair) slings if interested. I will do 25 @ $3 each. They are 1i now so would have to wait until 2i.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am definitely interested so hit me up when they ready .. the sooner the better I am not sure how long it be before they hit 2i but let me know

Shouldn't be long now. I'm separating them and getting a count in. There are more than 25 so if you want more, lmk.

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
sounds good .. I will be keeping some for myself and selling some at our annual reptile expo .. I will start with 25 but may hit you up to see if you have any left ..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sounds good to me! Thanks! I will keep you updated!

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
I was just looking at the unrestricted list again .. Grammastola porteri is not on the list we have Grammastola Rosea, Grammostola pulchra and Grammostola pulchripes that we can keep.. I have been reading some debate that Porteri and Rosea are just different color forms of the same species .. I will have to clarify that getting caught with an unrestricted species is 1,000 fine and /or 1 year in Jail ..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was just looking at the unrestricted list again .. Grammastola porteri is not on the list we have Grammastola Rosea, Grammostola pulchra and Grammostola pulchripes that we can keep.. I have been reading some debate that Porteri and Rosea are just different color forms of the same species .. I will have to clarify that getting caught with an unrestricted species is 1,000 fine and /or 1 year in Jail ..

I've heard of this....but I think that they are classified as 2 different species under the same genus. G. rosea or "RCF" is the red color form rosehair but it's not a porteri. If they were 2 different color forms of the same species then they would be called something like G. porteri and G. porteri "RCF" and vice versa. I'm certain they are categorized as 2 different species, however, I may be wrong.....

@sdsnybny

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I surely don't .. it is a debate I have read on a lot of pages .. along with the notion they have been crossed and there are a lot of hybrids out there ..

Yeah I'm not sure if there's been a taxonomic revision....

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
There are more than two different species or "Rose Hairs". Grammostola porteri, Grammostola rosea. G. sp concepcion, G. sp mauel. G. sp northern gold. All are similar except G.rosea its very red compared to the rest.
Species that are marked "sp" are not currently recognized and or described via taxonomy but G. rosea and G. porteri are described as different species. If your not sure on a species join the world Spider catalog its free and you can check the accepted specie sand find taxonomy papers to read.
http://www.wsc.nmbe.ch/genus/3357

My Porteri and Rosea
2017-06-24 09.10.27.jpg
2017-05-31 09.44.22.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There are more than two different species or "Rose Hairs". Grammostola porteri, Grammostola rosea. G. sp concepcion, G. sp mauel. G. sp northern gold. All are similar except G.rosea its very red compared to the rest.
Species that are marked "sp" are not currently recognized and or described via taxonomy but G. rosea and G. porteri are described as different species. If your not sure on a species join the world Spider catalog its free and you can check the accepted specie sand find taxonomy papers to read.
http://www.wsc.nmbe.ch/genus/3357

My Porteri and Rosea
View attachment 25395 View attachment 25394

Thank you, Steve. Very helpful information. :)

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
How about some links to Maine's laws regarding T's you can and cannot keep. I'm not aware of species specific restrictions regarding tarantulas normally its no you cant keep or yes you can. Are you sure your not reading what you can and cannot Import from out of country? Not a lot of states have restrictions for bringing captive bred/raised Tarantulas across state lines. Chile has temporally closed its borders to certain species being exported is that where this is coming from?

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
http://www.maine.gov/ifw/wildlife/human/captivity.html

this is the list of species we are allowed to keep .. all species must be captive breed .... at the bottom of the pages are links .. if anything is listed on these link they are restricted .. so Cities, Lacyact ect ect http://www.maine.gov/ifw/wildlife/pdfs/unrestrictedspecies_07242017.pdf
Wow!! that doesn't make any sense regarding tarantulas none of them would become invasive. I can see CITIES species being prohibited but not captive bred ones just imports.
What are the other Maine hobbyists doing to keep T's? Not much of a selection, maybe the law is old before all the new species came into the hobby.

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
Yes it is said and no this is actually new the list was update maybe a month ago before that there where no legal species of inverts not even feeder species .. Members of Maine Herpetological society have been very active in fighting for new species to be add and fighting against prohibitive legislation .. one which would have banned all exotics defined as any non native animal or fish .. as it is we are still waiting for them to up date the permit applications .. However the cost of acquiring one will greatly out weigh the benefits requirements are I believe 6 months training, and 1 million in liability insurance .... as to the endangered species they also amended the law so that if you have one and they breed you are required by the state to turn over all offspring to be put down ... the list is not much but we gained a lot of species .. Mostly in fish though .. I think 10 pages are fish the other 8 are everything else ..

May Farm Pet

3 Year Member
Got my First slings today .. Grammostola pulchripes Chaco Golden Knee Tarantula .. Bred by a friend .. smaller then I imagined they can fir on a dime ..

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 19