• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Want to buy Goliath Bird Eater

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I believe arachnoiden.com has them available. They aren't cheap but he is the only person I know that has them. Make sure you use PayPal or pay with a debit/credit card. It's the safest way to make purchases online! :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hmmm, he's not a member now @Casey K. , his profile doesn't come up, must have posted and left, weird.
Anyway, another spider known as a goliath bird eater would be Phlogius sp. 'goliath' but I'm not sure if they were exported.
That's odd. Hmmm.....oh yeah, I have one of those. She's about 4", lol. :)

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I want crassipes. :)
I had to get P. crassipes "kuttabul' because they seem to all be labelled with their locations and I think kuttabul might be the type specimen for the species. From the start I was wanting the two main species, Selenotypus plumipes and Phlogius crassipes, S. plumipes was my first tarantula, so it will be good to get the crassipes too. From now on I'll just buy single slings of species that I'm interested in.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had to get P. crassipes "kuttabul' because they seem to all be labelled with their locations and I think kuttabul might be the type specimen for the species. From the start I was wanting the two main species, Selenotypus plumipes and Phlogius crassipes, S. plumipes was my first tarantula, so it will be good to get the crassipes too. From now on I'll just buy single slings of species that I'm interested in.

No confirmed females? Lol....☺️

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No confirmed females? Lol....☺️
No, so you know that just means more slings though! I bought 5 P. sp. ' stents' because they were the ones I chose to breed when I was researching before buying any Ts, I have multiple of a few species, but only 1 plumipes and I've only ordered 2 crassipes slings, that makes 18 slings all up so I'd better take it easy for a while and just buy one sling or juvie here and there if it's a good deal, larger sizes are bound to come up for sale privately. When I bought the plumipes there were larger sizes available, but I didn't want to jump straight into keeping 4" spiders with no experience.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No, so you know that just means more slings though! I bought 5 P. sp. ' stents' because they were the ones I chose to breed when I was researching before buying any Ts, I have multiple of a few species, but only 1 plumipes and I've only ordered 2 crassipes slings, that makes 18 slings all up so I'd better take it easy for a while and just buy one sling or juvie here and there if it's a good deal, larger sizes are bound to come up for sale privately. When I bought the plumipes there were larger sizes available, but I didn't want to jump straight into keeping 4" spiders with no experience.

You live in the US? I don't see the Aussie's for sale too often here in the US.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You live in the US? I don't see the Aussie's for sale too often here in the US.
No, I'm in South Australia so I had no choice but to have ow tarantulas as my first Ts, that's why I haven't bought any that are large enough to be sexed, I need to get some experience and some confidence with slings/juvies first.

Latest posts