• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vitamins

Doddis1996

3 Year Member
Hello! I wonder if you could feed crickets regular crushed multivitamins to add more
nutrition to your tarantula? Together with other food to ofcourse.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Very little, virtually none, research has been documented on the dietary needs of tarantulas.
Gut loading feeders 24 hours prior to being given as food is the norm.
Not worth the chance to hurt, possibly kill, a tarantula due to excessive minerals/vitamin overdose. Just my thoughts.

Doddis1996

3 Year Member
Very little, virtually none, research has been documented on the dietary needs of tarantulas.
Gut loading feeders 24 hours prior to being given as food is the norm.
Not worth the chance to hurt, possibly kill, a tarantula due to excessive minerals/vitamin overdose. Just my thoughts.
Ok thanks :D

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They're not reptiles so no, they don't need it. As Therasoid pointed out, there has been pretty much no documented research done on this subject.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would suggest a gut loader like from flukers or just some fruits and vegetables to eat for a while before feeding. IMO

N8tive556

3 Year Member
I'd be cautious... One would think a crushed up multi vitamin would cause problems for a T due to high concentration of calcium, wouldn't that dehydrate them? Idk it's just an opinion. I suppose a question in addition lol

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Eh the calcium thing isn't really a concern anymore. I don't believe there's any evidence that it can actually cause molting issues. There haven't really been any tests done to prove or disprove it, but it seems that now the majority of hobbyists seem to be leaning more towards it not being a huge issue.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thats the thing...no one is doing or have done many studies on that kind of thing. I like nobody is working on that stuff but Michigan state I think build a machine to see how many licks it actually took to get to the center of a tootsie pop! What the hell? lol