• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very Ill Tarantula

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
which I understand. what I don't uderstand is how, they have no problem with a Dogs teeth, a Cats claws, Birds beak etc. Ignorrance is bliss I guess.
Yeh good point. I prefer claws fangs hooves teeth paws and anything to fish tho they freak me out ugh

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I felt horrible the day I brought my betta fish home. I was out running errands and stopped on the way home to get take out for lunch. As I was taking the last bite of my grilled fish sandwich I saw a look of horror and disgust on my little passenger's face...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I felt horrible the day I brought my betta fish home. I was out running errands and stopped on the way home to get take out for lunch. As I was taking the last bite of my grilled fish sandwich I saw a look of horror and disgust on my little passenger's face...
Ugh, no fish for me they are devious, that's why they have no expression. Every other creature on earth has a purpose except fish who wreck the ocean and still manage to choke/poison people when they are dead.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ugh, no fish for me they are devious, that's why they have no expression. Every other creature on earth has a purpose except fish who wreck the ocean and still manage to choke/poison people when they are dead.

Fish wreck the ocean? I think you have fish confused with humans lol

Seasel

3 Year Member
Hey guys,
Thanks for the good thoughts. I have an update.

So here's what is happening. My rose hair is a little better, but still not doing well. It's been WEEKS. I just don't understand. She was in the ICU for a while, but I got worried about the moisture so I let her dry out for a few days, then I put her back in the ICU. It's been like that since I first posted, ICU then a day to dry out then back in the ICU. What on earth should I do? She's not getting better but she's also not getting worse. I know she's alive because she will try and stand up. She keeps biting the wet paper towel and seems to be eating the dirt when she's back in her (clean) tank. I thought maybe she would eat something so I tried to feed her a meal worm and didn't have any luck. She wiggles a lot but doesn't walk or totally uncurl her legs.

She's not dehydrated because I gave her water and her abdomen is nice and plump, plus she has literally been sucking on the paper towel. My family has started to suggest that I, "put her out of her misery," but I really, really can't do that. Plus how am I to know she's miserable? I'm just totally stuck. Nothing I do seems to help or hurt. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would probably not continue to move her back and forth, it's probably stressing her out more than it's helping. Since she's not showing any signs of dehydration, I would try putting her somewhere dark and warm and dry, and just let her be for awhile. If that doesn't help, it could just be that she's old and it's getting close to her time to go unfortunately :(

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with Bast...if you are sure dehydration isn't an issue, place her somewhere comfy and let her be. It may just be her time. I know it is difficult but it is something we all have to face. We are here if you need anything.

*hugs*

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Keep her in ICU for three day runs, changing the paper towel as she deficates. Then give her one day in ICUS on dry towels. once each night put the ICU on the bathroom counter, turn on the shower full hot, and run it until the hot water runs out (you are creating a sauna in your bathroom) leave her in there until the steam dissipates. Right now you are concerned about hydration and general health, stress is the least of your worries now. ICU has treated many bizarre ailments, for reasons we do not yet understand, it just works.

Latest posts