• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very cool cages. Thoughts?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard a lot of good things about these cages. They are pricey and I know quite a few hobbyists have just made their own, as they aren't that complex in design. If you don't mind spending the money they are great enclosures...but if you're handy, make your own :D

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
I personally have looked at building my own set ups and found that it cost almost 50% more to buy the materials to build one at a time than it is to buy a ready made. And if you take the time and look online you can find set ups on sale.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not handy at all...so pretty sure I'd ruin more material than would be acceptable lol.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
I'm not handy at all...so pretty sure I'd ruin more material than would be acceptable lol.
with never working with any kind of plastic sheets I'm sure I would have wasted a lot of materials too. So I'm really ok with buying ready made for half the cost and they look better than what I would/could make at home.

jtrux

3 Year Member
Experiment on some cheap acrylic from Home Depot or Lowes. It's really easy to work with. Just make sure you have a method for making consitently straight cuts. Once you get the hang of it, you can buy some clear acrylic and some black acrylic and make some really nice enclosures.

Latest posts