• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ventilation holes and cocoa earth

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I want to move Rapunzel and Money Spider both rosies into bigger enclosures but am having the usual headache with the substrate. Its either too soggy or i flick most of it round the floor cos its too dry. It said on the wrapper to add two litres of water but I always muff it up. I now have two pots of cocoa earth drying by the heater, is there a way to get it right. Also I made air holes myself with a compass and not sure if it is good enough. About 60 holes in each pot around 1mm each. Should I make them bigger ?

Tguy

3 Year Member
hi HQ....i use a 2l pop bottle fill it with hot water take a large rubbermaid tub put in the brick and pour in the water wait 30 mins or so then break it up good ....you can do your homes now and leave the lids off till the top dries then move them in :)..as long as the holes go through you should be ok

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks a lot Tguy . I have rehoused Money and Rapunzel its all looking good. Probably be ages before anyone else needs a house upgrade :(

Latest posts