• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT PLEASE. P. Metallica. Advice please

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am almost certain female but can anybody verify from the ventral pic? I have been offered this one but I am also a bit unsure on age. Looks dark to me which can be a sign of old age. I know others claim there is. "Black form" P. Metallica but I don't think
IMG_20160702_140756.jpg
IMG_20160702_150518.jpg
there is such a thing!. Please help before I commit.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They do get darker with age. Almost a black color when older. What's the leg span?

Thistles

3 Year Member
Agree with Casey on both points. She's definitely a girl, and the color darkens with age. That's not to say that a darker one is necessarily geriatric, but they're only the brilliant blue when young.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with Casey on both points. She's definitely a girl, and the color darkens with age. That's not to say that a darker one is necessarily geriatric, but they're only the brilliant blue when young.
@Thistles thank you. I am probably gonna give her a miss. Have 3 already I am growing on so want to maximise the time I have with these rather than chance what could be an old girl. She is already 6 inches so basically done all the growing she is going to and she does seem a lot darker than any I have seen before, including the adults I have had, so just seems I will be spending money just to instantly fill a tank when I have others that will come on eventually. Thanks again for response.

Latest posts