• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT Brachypelma emelia (boy or girl?)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Please help?....I need to know asap please as was in a local store and I managed to get them to allow me to take the moult to sex. Literally just flipped back over while I was in the store.
Male or female
@Thistles and @Casey K. .......please sex me up......lol
20160916_161245.jpg

Editorial: I say girl.

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lol....got your email first and responded there. That is 100% female. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's as obvious as my porteri was lol
Grats on finding her :)
Thanks Hun, I still seem to have a mental block when it comes to sexing so I have a couple of "go to" experts who point out the obvious for me.....lol. I was honest with the store and said I thought it was female before ultimately confirmed and the owner of the shop still let me have a third off. Will only cost £20 ($26) so a good visit to pick up crickets. Got those for free too ☺

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Hun, I still seem to have a mental block when it comes to sexing so I have a couple of "go to" experts who point out the obvious for me.....lol. I was honest with the store and said I thought it was female before ultimately confirmed and the owner of the shop still let me have a third off. Will only cost £20 ($26) so a good visit to pick up crickets. Got those for free too ☺
Sounds perfect! I mentally sex every picture I see and I'm getting much better at it. I link Casey Thistles and Nicolas to all of them though for pro results :) ^.~

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds perfect! I mentally sex every picture I see and I'm getting much better at it. I link Casey Thistles and Nicolas to all of them though for pro results :) ^.~
Yeah Nicolas has helped me before too. Very helpful as is Casey and Thistles who I abuse their sexing skills regularly. They must be getting bored with me now.....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You're such a sweety! What would this hobby do without someone like Kymura!? :)
Here here......and you too and a few others I could happily name :). Love you all and love this forum. That's why I think my addiction is getting out of control. 32 atm but another 22 in the pipeline by the end of the month. And a bespoke spider house to come too and then.......who knows!!!!!!! Lmao

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here here......and you too and a few others I could happily name :). Love you all and love this forum. That's why I think my addiction is getting out of control. 32 atm but another 22 in the pipeline by the end of the month. And a bespoke spider house to come too and then.......who knows!!!!!!! Lmao

32??? That's it??? You're just getting started, lol....you need to AT LEAST add a zero behind that number .... ;)

Latest posts