• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unexpected windfall!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
came into a somewhat large sum of money unexpectedly, large enough that the bank is holding it till the 26th of this month.
Anyway. I can breath again now as I have Enough to pay mothers bills and get my house paperwork finished.
I am also going to treat myself to a few T's..don't want to spend more then a couple hundred ..so, I'm in the market for..
OBT (maybe. Dependant on price, they are fairly easy to get so may wait.)
Acanthoscurria geniculata because somehow I don't have one yet...
and a Grammostola pulchra
Any other must haves? Remembering of course that I don't love obligate burrowers. Attitude doesn't offend me and I'm comfortable with both old and new world.
(Have pokies coming so no pokies please)
:)

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the windfall, that must be a load off your mind.

A couple of suggestion from me, both are on view almost all of the time:-
Davus pentaloris
Dolichothele diamentinensis
Huge relief! Couldn't get things changed over and they wouldn't let us pay taxes till they were. Be a shame to lose our house (paid for house!) for taxes because of paperwork.
Think the D pentaloris might be a definite. :)
Thinking some H incei and M Balfouri, possible & one of the horned baboons :) if I get slings I should be able to get several.

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Huge relief! Couldn't get things changed over and they wouldn't let us pay taxes till they were. Be a shame to lose our house (paid for house!) for taxes because of paperwork.
Think the D pentaloris might be a definite. :)
Thinking some H incei and M Balfour, possible & one of the horned baboons :) if I get slings I should be able to get several.

I'm so glad things are working out for you. The trouble is no matter how carefully you choose new Ts, you'll always find another that you wish you'd bought.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
came into a somewhat large sum of money unexpectedly, large enough that the bank is holding it till the 26th of this month.
Anyway. I can breath again now as I have Enough to pay mothers bills and get my house paperwork finished.
I am also going to treat myself to a few T's..don't want to spend more then a couple hundred ..so, I'm in the market for..
OBT (maybe. Dependant on price, they are fairly easy to get so may wait.)
Acanthoscurria geniculata because somehow I don't have one yet...
and a Grammostola pulchra
Any other must haves? Remembering of course that I don't love obligate burrowers. Attitude doesn't offend me and I'm comfortable with both old and new world.
(Have pokies coming so no pokies please)
:)
Glad the light at the end if the tunnel has been switched back on for you. M.balfouri is lovely. Mine goes awol for months on end thon. H. pulchripes if the windfall can stretch to it. Deffo get a genic this is my fave out of all mine. Hence why she has been upgraded to my avatar for a while now. Sssshhhhh..... dont tell the others, they get sulky.....lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jamiestarantulas.com has some actually so looking good for one (balfouri). Genic as well...
I have lost my mind (what was left of it) over
Theraphosinae species “Panama” , problem is they are so crazy expensive. So is the H Pulchripes. $145 for a one inch sling...

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jamiestarantulas.com has some actually so looking good for one (balfouri). Genic as well...
I have lost my mind (what was left of it) over
Theraphosinae species “Panama” , problem is they are so crazy expensive. So is the H Pulchripes. $145 for a one inch sling...
Yeah, but when you gonna get the chance again? Thats what I said to myself when I bought 3 Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus slings at £130 each.....ouch! Lol. It was a treat for some back pay at work so in my head I naver had it so was a win win

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's true, I gave myself a tight budget. Ten K in the bank for her bills, 2 K for lawyers and transfer fees. Another 2500 for taxes and the like. Going to fill the freezer and pantry, and gave myself a $250.°° total budget for tarantulas.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's true, I gave myself a tight budget. Ten K in the bank for her bills, 2 K for lawyers and transfer fees. Another 2500 for taxes and the like. Going to fill the freezer and pantry, and gave myself a $250.°° total budget for tarantulas.
You can fill the freezer anytime. Do some of that extreme couponing I have seen in the telly. That must meen the T budget has another $150 surely. ....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can fill the freezer anytime. Do some of that extreme couponing I have seen in the telly. That must meen the T budget has another $150 surely. ....lol
Or as I prefer to call it....H. pulchripes. Better than frozen burgers any day......lmao.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
D. pentaloris is a must ;) i'm ordering my Friday. Petcenter has them, tiny slings for $28 (1/4-1/2") or 3/4-1" for $39 (listed as C. pentalore), G. pulchra for $46 - 1-1.5", probably the same sack my 2 slings are from ;) they're right around that size now, and the A. genic is listed as $32 for a 1" sling. Get all 3 at the same place save on shipping :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You've ordered from them? No issues right?
Thinking a GBB as well but prefer to order off the forums when I can. But I do want that baby...1/4 " though..... Have to start up some mealworms I'm not chopping up a dubia. Have a hard time feeding them as it is.

Telson

3 Year Member
Oh and you should get a Phormictopus. My female sp green is a fast growing beauty. Or a Pampho. Or Theraphosa. And another, different Phormictopus sp. :D Cautus. Or atrichomatus.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Telson yeah I should....Theraphosa sp. panama
~blinks, shivers~....I think I'm in love....I may dream of that spider tonight....
I just cannot justify spending 120 on an inch long sling...no matter how bad
I want the damn thing...

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Paul is one of the best to order from. Never had any issues with him and he is quick to respond to emails if you have questions. I only order from him, KTBG or Anastasia at net bug.

www.petcenter.info for Paul

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've looked at that vendor, haven't tried them either but they do have good reviews, wonder how their prices compare?

Latest posts