• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two shots in the dark, ventral T. violaceus and C. olivaceum

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I know the best way is to check the molts, but as neither of these guys have provided such, I figued I'd check and hone my ventral sexing skills while I wait. First up is Miwi, the Tappinauchenius violaceus. It is approximately 1.5" (slightly bigger than 1", but definitely bigger than 1"). I am guessing Miwi is male? Any other thoughts/ideas? I know this pic isn't the best but currently my resources are limited :(
photo 3.JPG

Next up is Balthazzar. It 'stands' at 1". I am guessing female.
photo 4.JPG

I also totally admit that I could be completely wrong..so please help enlighten me if you can! I also know that both are probably too young to show any true signs, but sometimes you get extremely knowledgeable people :)

Last edited:

Thistles

3 Year Member
Much too fuzzy to tell. So sorry :( not to get your hopes up, but if I had to guess I'd say the tap is female. Again though, I can barely see in that pic.

Latest posts