• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

t's in the drawers

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
I was out shopping, and happen to see these plastic drawer system. I bought 2. I like the fact I can slowly open the drawer to feed, add water etc. I figure it will be better then the glass fish tanks I am using now. I like them because they can be stacked,I most likely won't stack them. I just need to drill some air holes. I really don't care for glass tanks, like others said, they hold very little heat, and are very heavy, these I think should work out fine. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20121225_090632.jpg
    IMG_20121225_090632.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20121225_090655.jpg
    IMG_20121225_090655.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 47

Atx13

3 Year Member
never used them for keeping T's.. I have thought about it myself tho, was afraid they could get out, is it pretty secure ? This is really the most terrestrial T's i've had.. more of an arboreal guy.. Always needed containers with some more climbing space and what not.
I'm interested to see how you set up and if it works pretty well(not able to escape and what not) :) Keep me updated!

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
never used them for keeping T's.. I have thought about it myself tho, was afraid they could get out, is it pretty secure ? This is really the most terrestrial T's i've had.. more of an arboreal guy.. Always needed containers with some more climbing space and what not.
I'm interested to see how you set up and if it works pretty well(not able to escape and what not) :) Keep me updated!
It is pretty secure, i see no escape issues at all. There is a slight gap at the top, the legs cant get through so i cant even see a cricket escaping. It is much easier to open, unlike a critter keeper, or lidded container. At least in removing the lid aspect, The only draw back i see is the opaque plastic, for viewing, but that is solved with a simple pull of the draw which gives a perfect view. I think it will work out fine for me.

Attachments

• New Tarantula cages 005.jpg
    New Tarantula cages 005.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 62
  • New Tarantula cages 012.jpg
    New Tarantula cages 012.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 55
  • New Tarantula cages 016.jpg
    New Tarantula cages 016.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 54
  • New Tarantula cages 017.jpg
    New Tarantula cages 017.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 56
  • New Tarantula cages 018.jpg
    New Tarantula cages 018.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 55

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
I don't see any escape issuses, I will let you know if it happens. Now I just need to leave the be, I have moved them to about 5 different setups, in the last month.lol

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
Well 4 days in all seems well, the chaco did stay at the top where the drawer opens, no big deal, i did remove some coco, this spider probly hasn't dug a hole since it was a sling, so that helped. The desert blonde appears to like it . Overall for 10 dollars its great for the land lovers. To me the best part is the opening drawer, makes it super easy to feed, change water, etc. I'm diggin them.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Glad to hear its working out for ya, i might give one a try with some "Docile" terrestrials... as of right now... I really dont have one :-/.. my chaco is only about 1/2" my Rosie is meaner than all my Haplopelmas... lol.

Latest posts