• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Theraphosinae sp. panama

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Need any and all info on these please.
know they are smaller, considered dwarf species (3.5-4")
Good growth rate,(medium to fast)
supposedly laid back, threat posture like a Thrixopelma (abdomen up)
but unfortunately not much else, anyone have them or had them?

Chris LXXIX

3 Year Member
They aren't hard at all to care. I've never owned one but there's an Italian keeper with a couple. As babies they are very little (ah ah go figure, they are "little" as adults) the ones he have tend to web... they are a bit on the speedy side but temperament in general is benign :)

I would keep them as slings with slightly moist substrate.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's next to no info on these, my son was looking at getting one and all we've found so far is they're obligate burrowers you'll rarely see, laid back/defensive, moist substrate and overflow the water dish every so often. But like most burrow lovers if you give them less sub and a hide they probably won't burrow as much and can be seen more when older.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah got a couple responses on AB for this same question. Wasn't much info on my T ockerti either though ,
for a hundred and fifty dollars though I think I may hold off on this one.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had mine since it was tiny. Big old baby now.
Love them :) specially their threat display!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they've never drawn me you know? you see a T and you're like sweet!! i want that one! I see the ockerti and i'm like huh kinda cool coloring, and move on.

Latest posts