• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Theraphosa blondi availability

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
I bought my Chilean rose from net-bug.net, and browsing through their current offerings, I noticed that they have two 2.5-3" female Goliath birdeaters currently available. My question, though, is if you get a male and a female of a particular species to mate, wouldn't they have laid multiple eggs? If so, how do they only have two females?

Logan D

3 Year Member
they are prolly wc or they were captive bread and they could have been the only ones tht survived its very hard to get a successful sac from t.blondis and i checked tht out and wow thts a steep price to pay for a 2.5 inch sling

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
There are many reasons they might only have two females for sale.
1) They may have bought or traded for them from another breeder
2) They may not make all of their stock available for sale
3) They may have already sold the rest

There's a lot more to being a T breeder/dealer than mating two T's and selling every resulting spider to the general public.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
There's also a strong chance they were imported from Europe. They are far far ahead of us in breeding the more difficult species, especially Theraphosa's iirc.

Last edited:

hellknite

3 Year Member
Are there always T. blondis available in your area? Only found 1 in 2 years and it got sold in less than 30 minutes...

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
Given that I'm from Arkansas, there are no breeders here that I know of. Even on a tarantula breeders' website, it was the only time I've ever seen a Goliath birdeater available (I haven't even seen one available from Jamie's Tarantulas, where I got my Brazilian salmon pink birdeater).

Latest posts