• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. The Spider Shop (UK)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, just received a shipment of slings today. In a complete moment of madness I decided to treat myself (big time!) On 3 x Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus which are very very expensive,....my bad but had a bit of an increase in wages at work so figured the increase for month one can be used without the need to break into my "normal" salary. That's how I justified it in my head anyway....LOL
Back to the review......
Spoke to a young man called Sam when placing the order. Always best to talk as you don't get the personal touch and trying to blag stuff when just adding to a shopping cart on line.
Order was placed last Thursday just before an extended bank holiday in the UK. I phoned yesterday 29th March in the afternoon to make sure the order was being processed as money had yet to leave my account due to the bank holiday. Sam said he would post that afternoon and we discussed given the cost of the psychodelicus if he could sweeten the deal with some free slings.
So at 9.32 am today I received a rather large box which contained loads of those packing peanut thingies, a heat mat and along with the psychodelicus x3, I also received the following slings..... EUTHALUS sp green AND red, Chaco golden knee and a Chile flame zebra. OK, so they are not the most expensive slings in the world (would have been approx £20-£25) based on the on-line cost but free is free.
In summary:
Excellent communications
Excellent packing
Excellent looking Ts
Will use again.

Sorry for such a long post btw.....lol

All are now residing in their new homes as once settled, pictures will follow although they are tiny....lol and the psychodelicus are super super turbo charged fast!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just received an order from TSS and as always great service, packaging and communication great. This time it wasn't a T but a healthy looking Peripatus sp. Velvet Worm.

Tabitha

3 Year Member
Wow, nice additions and I wanted to also say all of mine have come from the spider shop and yes, everything about them is always excellent, great service before and after so very happy.
Oh and enn49 you got a velvet worm, I talked myself out of getting one but lucky you!

Avic

Nice T's guys.
All of my T's came from TSS aswell, very good service and T's.
They did screw one of my orderd up but they put it right straight away, and they let me keep the original (Wrong) T's they sent me. So I got 6 T's for the price of 3. Lol

Had 3 new arrivals from The Spider Shop on Friday. All arrived happy and healthy thanks to the care they take with every delivery. Can't recommend them enough if you're in the UK. Made some enclosures out of Ferrero Rocher tubs, Dark Den style and they all seem to have settled in quite nicely.

IMG_0341.JPG IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0333.JPG IMG_0332.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0342.JPG

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Three new arrivals from The Spider Shop this morning. All arrived safe & well. Another happy deal with TSS.

The order was one Poecilotheria metallica & two Selenocosmia crassipes.

The metallica was on my wifes most wanted list & the crassapies on my really really wanted list.

thebookman10

Oh wow. My family originates very close to where P. Metallica is found in the wild, and one of my cousins has the distinction of having rescued a sling from some pest controllers who had found one in someone's home (yes this is a subtle brag but I will ruin it later so don't worry ;). Unfortunately they are wayyy to expensive for me to buy, however what I did buy from the Spider shop is some equipment and my very first t, introducing me to the hobby, as well as some Hissers and some isopods. All the packaging was great, it was labelled live stock on the box, and the communication was fast and clear. Although I ordered 2 different species of isopods, I only received one. However, when I notified them, they responded to me quickly and refunded me within the hour. Overall, very great experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Spiders&Snakes

Three new arrivals from The Spider Shop this morning. All arrived safe & well. Another happy deal with TSS.

The order was one Poecilotheria metallica & two Selenocosmia crassipes.

The metallica was on my wifes most wanted list & the crassapies on my really really wanted list.
P. Metallica is also on my wanted list... but I don't have the experience yet. Maybe next year. I'm still a beginner, and don't want to run before I can walk.

Latest posts