• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thanks a lot guys...

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For posting all these beautiful pictures of your T's, and making it impossible for me to curb my desire to go buy more spiders. Just found out that a reputable pet store (used to buy my reptiles from them; always kept very well/healthy) has just got a bunch of different types of T's from a guy that was passing through for a show circuit. So.....guess where I'm taking my son after school? LOL

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well we had to postpone our shopping trip (which is good, because I'm going to get some stuff for new enclosures tomorrow), the traffic today was horrible, so we are going to go on Friday when my son has the day off school. Still super excited (and a bit disappointed about waiting lol), and really hoping they have something that catches our eyes :) They don't have any B.smithi; and none of the Avics on my list....but I'm sure we can find a beautiful T that we both agree on. They also put me on a call list to let me know when/if they get any of my 'wanted' list species come in :D

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They said they currently have over 30 different species available; so too many to tell me over the phone. I know for sure they don't have any smithis, which is a bummer, because Caden really has his heart set on that T for our next one...but I do like the emilias as well. I can't wait until Friday (too impatient), so I've decided; traffic or no, we're going to go today lol. I am interested in what they have as far as slings go...would love to have a baby T to raise :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They said they currently have over 30 different species available; so too many to tell me over the phone. I know for sure they don't have any smithis, which is a bummer, because Caden really has his heart set on that T for our next one...but I do like the emilias as well. I can't wait until Friday (too impatient), so I've decided; traffic or no, we're going to go today lol. I am interested in what they have as far as slings go...would love to have a baby T to raise :)
yeh you should definitely get a baby. I'm mad about baby ts they are so funny to watch.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't think I would enjoy my slings near as much as I have but they have been more entertaining than my juvie!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, came home empty handed. The selection wasn't as great as they made it sound. There were a couple interesting choices; E.cyanognathus (don't really want something that burrows or is that defensive yet), A.amazonica was cool too, but the price was crazy (1.5" for $200) and the B.vagan (around 1" for 89.00). The rest were fairly common pet store T's that were way over priced too. Super disappointed :(

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You might have better luck saving up and buying several slings online at once like I did...I paid less than 80USD for 5, from half to one inch, slings including shipping

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry Bast. I can realate to the disappointment. I recently drove 3 hours to pick up a 9" female T.blondi(prepared to pay a ton), turned out to be a 4" male T'stirmi. :(

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, and Tarantula Canada has quite a few of the T's on my 'Want right now' list too. Just going to have to wait for the weather to warm up; that keeps shipping costs down a bit.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no how disappointing, you must be fed up and I bet your son was all excited too. Still at least you didn't waste a lot of money on a t you didn't want. The ones you want will turn up soon enough. I was wondering all day how you got on.

Latest posts