• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantulas. The lazy man's pet.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
Well, I have to say for someone like me, 6 spiders total, they have to be the easiest pet I ever cared for. Unless like some of you who breed, and have many spiders, that's a challenge I'm sure, for the casual keeper it ain't much work tossing a few crickets in the tank. I wish I would have kept them years ago, I would have saved thousands of dollars, my biggst and hardest to care for was my saltwater tank, I also kept fragile corals, so that was a challenge, good pet for a no hassle pet. IMO.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
there are species that are more challenging. It's all about what you keep. A lot of them are very easy though.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not a lazy mans tarantula here
55gal vivarium for T stimi
2012-10-08_19-56-23_897.jpg

2012-10-08_19-57-15_576.jpg

2012-10-08_19-57-00_186.jpg

2012-10-08_19-56-41_399.jpg

2012-10-08_19-56-07_223.jpg

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's gorgeous Scoolman. What kind of top re you using? I've never had any luck keeping a T.Stirmi/Blondi in a Tank. Mine are in bins for humidity purposes.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is a 55gal herp tank with a slide on screen lid. I cover 90% of the screen by laying clear overhead projector sheets across the screen; works great.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, that is one awesome enclosure! Beautiful home for a beautiful T :)

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
My hairy desert scorpion is the easiest pet to care for in my opinion, all they need is sand and a half log pretty much. Some Ts can be difficult, took me a while to get my ornamental's tank right. However, in comparison to my turtle and lizards, my Ts are a breeze.

Also, amazing tank, wish I had that kind of ambition...

Latest posts