• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantulas on the televsion

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
recently I have seen t's popping up on tv quite a bit. it began a few weeks ago with models posing with Chile roses on Britain next top model. on an episode of the middle last week the family were at the zoo and the dad accident volunteered himself to hold a tarantula so this huge goliath was walking along his arm next thing he was in a and e with a massive swelling on his face and the zoo keeper saying " I can assure you he has never done anything like this before." made me laugh. I recently saw a film where a man turned into a tarantula I thought it was quite cleverly done. I think its called hollow man but not certain. then there is eight legged freaks and arachnophobia . we are seeing a lot of spiders on "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" too. anyone else seen any good programs or films with t's in?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
really. I would love to see that! I read a lot of good things about him. I saw a documentary about the amazon flooding and it showed a pink toe swimming up the amazon that was when I fell in love with pink toes. brave spiders swimming with all those piranhas .

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
really. I would love to see that! I read a lot of good things about him. I saw a documentary about the amazon flooding and it showed a pink toe swimming up the amazon that was when I fell in love with pink toes. brave spiders swimming with all those piranhas .

I think it was called "Bugged out"

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Will have to look out for that. homer got bit by a spider on the Simpsons earlier it either flicked hair or passed wind in his face then bit him and he was paralysed but nothing gets homer down for long and he was bitten again and got feeling back lol

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yay spiders on TV today. Superfreaks on quest TV they milked the Web from a golden orb and made a cord which was strong enough to take the Weight of two house bricks. Amazing. God spiders are so under rated and brilliant. They are IQ testing a wild octopus now who is doing surprisingly well.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bet it was brilliant. There should be more spiders on TV to get people over there phobia.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I record all the nat geo programmes about predators hoping to see some ts hunting but no, its always God dam sharks argh. When you've seen one great white, you've pretty much seen them all, why can't we have more ts ?

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
Will have to look out for that. homer got bit by a spider on the Simpsons earlier it either flicked hair or passed wind in his face then bit him and he was paralysed but nothing gets homer down for long and he was bitten again and got feeling back lol
HAHA, I want to see that! :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
New program on channel 5 called Essex Jungle , apparently over thirty thousand exotic pets are brought to Essex every year they are becoming very popular. Its mostly snakes and lizards etc but a few ts have popped up. A lot of them have ended up in rescue places sadly and this has made me have doubts now about breeding as its not like having one or two babies to find a good home for. Anyway, Scales and Fangs, where seven of my ts came from is featured on the program a lot and it looks like they have a bigger arachnid part now and I am overdue for a visit......

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What network is channel 5? It's so sad that so many animals end up in rescues etc due to lack of planning/education and/or irresponsibility. I hate when people feel like pets are disposable :(

Latest posts