• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula size to enclosure ratio

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
rule of thumb i've always used is when they get over half the width of the enclosure, upgrade them to one that is 2-3 times their legspan. So in my 4x4 amac boxes i let them get about 2.5-3" DLS, then move them up to the large KK, the 15x9x10" or right around there. That way they have 3 times their legspan in width to explore and 5 times in the enclosure length. They'll live in that one until they're 7 inches or so leg span.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
rule of thumb i've always used is when they get over half the width of the enclosure, upgrade them to one that is 2-3 times their legspan. So in my 4x4 amac boxes i let them get about 2.5-3" DLS, then move them up to the large KK, the 15x9x10" or right around there. That way they have 3 times their legspan in width to explore and 5 times in the enclosure length. They'll live in that one until they're 7 inches or so leg span.
Excellent! Thanks for the info

Latest posts