• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula cost where you are!?

donna

3 Year Member
here in uk prices vary a lot
our birdeater sling was only £3.99 gbp ( or 3 for £10)
our other slings were about £12.00

adults can vary from £20 -£40 for a chillian , £60 to £80 for a cobalt & £120 for a goliath ( which i don't think was fully grown but was about 6")

there are 3 shops in leeds i know of that stock ts but selection is limited one only started selling them very recently, we have been after a green bottle blue sling for months & the only cobalt we ever saw was an adult.

never bought a t online, what are your thought on online & posting ts? can anyone recommend good site ( uk)?

Samuraisid

3 Year Member
So far I have only made big purchases from TarantulaCanada.com, and I have bought out another persons collection when they decided they liked scorps more. Some of my cheapest slings were L. parahybana, H.maculata, A.avicularia $10.00 each. Brachy slings for $20-$35.

The most I have paid was $65 for my L. violaceopes sling and $80.00 for my H. schmidti sling. Honestly I cant believe I paid as much for those two species, but it will be well worth it once adult colours come in, especially if my H. schmidti turns out female:D

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
The only place I've seen Ts for sale around me is at the Reptile Show which happens a couple times a year. I'm sure there are places with them but I rarely go to brick and mortar pet shops. So I'm not sure what the prices would be but I'm interested in seeing how prices vary depending on where you are

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can go to a pet store here and spend as little as $5 on a single T or as much as $500 on a single T

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I normally pay around 25 pound for slings but they don't have prices on them in my local shops and when faced with shelves full of tiny slings my eyes light up and shop managers know I have seen what I want so they whop the price up. I paid 25 pound each for money rapunzel and coppelia and my friend bought tsunami for me and only paid 5 pound for her. she obviously didn't look as excited about it as I do when I'm shopping! my b smithis were sixteen pound each as tiny slings but adults are around a hundred pound in my local shops but I much prefer to buy slings. my avics were 25 pound each and so were my genics . I Will be looking for some tiny genics on my next spree!

john m shires

3 Year Member
I paid £ 2.50 for my Brachypelma smithi sling from Tarantula World there on face book. But my salmond pink cost me £8.00 from a local shop so when you take into account the postage there is not that much diference.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I paid £ 2.50 for my Brachypelma smithi sling from Tarantula World there on face book. But my salmond pink cost me £8.00 from a local shop so when you take into account the postage there is not that much diference.
seriously. you paid 2.50 for something that precious. ? that is chicken oriental

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thankyou very much for that. very nice of you to pass that on. btw hope your gsds are well !

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just looked and they have got genics for 3.50. I can't believe it I Will have to place an order to see if it's a joke

Latest posts