• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T stirmi

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I know there was afew people keeping track of my juvenile t stirmi in pre molt. For thoses who were but didnt see the update on the thread, it finally molted. Anyway i managed to unfold the molt as best i could, it wasnt in the best condition. Im not 100% but i think its female. What does everyone else think?
eb1d1e4bb22bab146cfe945cf2f38d0f.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
That was the best i could do, it was chewed up but i managed to unfold that was left. The circled area is between where the top book lungs are. You can see from the pic but there is a flap inbetween.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
The left book lung on the pic was pulled apart thats why its not visable, ive recircled the "flap" that i saw, it was better visable when i put a pin in it and lifted it but i couldnt get a pic as i needed 2 hands to do that and i was on my own so no one could take a pic for me lol.
35d5aa637522b9acfb6a5bb09e51d5a8.jpg

Last edited:

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I was going to re moisten the molt and try a better photo but the abdomen has dried worse than it was was when i first pulled it out of the enclosure [emoji20] maybe ill just have to wait for the next one and re sex it.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How about just send me a ventral of the T itself and I will sex it for you?

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I will if i can get it out, it can be abit fiesty and when i open the enclosure it usally goes straight in its burrow if its not in it already lol

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh I understand. You don't have to disturb it. I wouldn't want to do that. If you ever see it on the side of the terrarium (sometimes they climb), try to get a shot and I can help you out.

Latest posts