• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T.stirmi juvenile set up and care.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Anyone have experience with T.stirmi? I just ordered a 2" juvenile yesterday. Getting its new home set up before it arrives later this week. Always steered away from theraphosas due the the extreme requirements it takes to keep them alive. But been doing some research and I've read mixed reviews about how to keep theses guys. From what I read T.stirmi is the easiest to keep of the genius, but still have mixed opinions on them. Most say to keep them in high humidity, almost swamp like conditions. Then I can across a husbandry video made by Tom Moran and he says just keep it on the dryer side, damp but well ventilated. So im a lil confused on exactly how to set this guy up. Anyone else have any input?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Anyone have experience with T.stirmi? I just ordered a 2" juvenile yesterday. Getting its new home set up before it arrives later this week. Always steered away from theraphosas due the the extreme requirements it takes to keep them alive. But been doing some research and I've read mixed reviews about how to keep theses guys. From what I read T.stirmi is the easiest to keep of the genius, but still have mixed opinions on them. Most say to keep them in high humidity, almost swamp like conditions. Then I can across a husbandry video made by Tom Moran and he says just keep it on the dryer side, damp but well ventilated. So im a lil confused on exactly how to set this guy up. Anyone else have any input?
The care sheets you find online are junk. I'd follow @Tomoran 's (Tom Moran) advice.

Latest posts