• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T stirmi enclosure question

Will

3 Year Member
Would this be big enough for an adult T stirmi? http://www.biopod.com/terra/

It's 24.65" long, 15" wide, 14" high, and it's 19 gallons (22.5 US gallons)

I realise that the level of substrate you can put in there is limited by the door, but I was thinking I could make an acrylic barrier 5 or 6 inches high to place at the door to enable greater substrate depth.

I really fancy one of these Biopods as a centrepiece for my T collection. The idea of a self sustaining, living, enclosure with programmable seasonal climate really appeals to me. Plus the fact that you can access all the settings for it from your phone, and even spy on your T with a 1080p camera!

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
T stirmis can reach 10+ inches in DLS. It should be large enough to have a good hide for the tarantula to retreat into and some room to roam around and a water bowl. a 22 gallon tank should be fine for the burgandy since most people keep the average T (5-8 inches) in a 10 gallon enclosure.

I may have to get me one of these for my B-smithi or A.chalcodes. would be beautiful to put them in the exact environment that come from plus plant the plants native to that area.

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah i dont see why it souldnt be big enough. 22 gal tank is pretty freakin big.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Would this be big enough for an adult T stirmi? http://www.biopod.com/terra/

It's 24.65" long, 15" wide, 14" high, and it's 19 gallons (22.5 US gallons)

I realise that the level of substrate you can put in there is limited by the door, but I was thinking I could make an acrylic barrier 5 or 6 inches high to place at the door to enable greater substrate depth.

I really fancy one of these Biopods as a centrepiece for my T collection. The idea of a self sustaining, living, enclosure with programmable seasonal climate really appeals to me. Plus the fact that you can access all the settings for it from your phone, and even spy on your T with a 1080p camera!
That's plenty big. Mine is a tad bigger for my adult female and she's over 9" now. I have my hide on one side, and huge water bowl on the other. There's plenty of room for her to move so urs should work fine

Latest posts