• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here she is. She's been like this for a while. I know she starts to show symptoms but I feel she's taken longer then she usually does

doesn't look like premolt to me, she looks really stressed out hunched up like that and with her abdomen almost totally bare. Start a new thread, get us some pics of her and her enclosure and we'll see if we can help you out.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Found last night when i was feeding that my B. smithi had also molted while i was away. Guessing on the 10th or so, he's about 1.5" now maybe 2", fangs are black so that would take at least 3-5 days at that size. Gave him a roach last night, he seemed interested, followed it around a bit, but never ate. Waiting to get home to see if the roach is still alive.

I'd post a pic but somehow, and i've never seen this before, the pic i took last night turned out black with tan stripe at the top and bottom. Almost like some idiot had their finger over the lens.... :oops:

Jennn

3 Year Member
IMG_20161215_224312.jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lots of molts while I was gone over the holiday.

My G. pulchra, P. sazimai, P. machala, B. vagans, and my B. albo. Leaving again soon for the new year weekend or I'd post pics of the ones out in the open.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
new years molts! :)

2 new ones. Flash (GBB) and Duke (N. coloratovilosus) molted over the weekend.

20170104_174711.jpg

Love these guys fresh after molt, such vivid colors.

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So peeps my Red Fang Wandering Spider has moulted, dodgy pic but it's on the roof and I don't want to disturb it lol The moult is at the water dish, completely outgrown the enclosure but I've been putting off a rehouse for obvious reasons :D How long should I wait before feeding? Same as T's? Cheers
View attachment 21779
I'd give it a week at least. Congrats, we need a rehousing video, unedited of course ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Forgot to post my recent molts. Both of these were Sunday the 8th.

Roj, my B. sabulosum, his molts just to the left of him inside hide, you can see one leg there ;)
20170109_183843[1].jpg

And then Chum, my LP has new skin. And was kind enough to leave his molt on the water dish for me.
20170109_184455[1].jpg

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just got back from my trip to see this. I'm hoping it's not an upside-down death curl. My son's tiny A. chalcodes, but he says she's been like that since last night. Over almost 24 hours for a spider that small. I took my smallest make up brush and my fear was right. It's dead and dried out.
20170117_151810.jpg

On a good note Zeb, my A. seemanni finally molted yesterday. Can just see his molt on the left side.
1484691881449-1325729850.jpg

And my son's D. pentaloris molted Sunday.
He's in the tunnel behind the molt, ignore the poop stains he made those while in premolt.
1484692012725-765439242.jpg

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just got back from my trip to see this. I'm hoping it's not an upside-down death curl. My son's tiny A. chalcodes, but he says she's been like that since last night. Over almost 24 hours for a spider that small. I took my smallest make up brush and my fear was right. It's dead and dried out.
View attachment 21871

On a good note Zeb, my A. seemanni finally molted yesterday. Can just see his molt on the left side.
View attachment 21873

And my son's D. pentaloris molted Sunday.
He's in the tunnel behind the molt, ignore the poop stains he made those while in premolt.
View attachment 21875
Sorry to hear about the A.chalcodes