• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

T Molting Support Group for Noobs*

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So quess who decided to make a appearance tonight !!.
image.jpg

My B.Emilia... Aka firefinch.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha, she knew you were talking about her, lol. The other month, when I wrote about my Brachy sling being the most frustrating out of all of mine, cos of its looong premolts when I hardly see it, only an hour later it molted. I think they can read our minds *puts tinfoil hat on*, lol.
Oh and congrats on the successful molt.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Fuzzball79.
I've had my BEST T day yet!! Watched my G.Pulchra sling moult. I only checked on her because I was reading this thread and decided to take a look and there she was on her back ... My B.Emlia is acting very strange she has been out for a few hours now. Wouldn't suprise me if she flips over tonight.

Sym

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Do you find yours get a lot more active just before the actual molt?
I've noticed that especially with my arboreals. They tend to frantically finish up any webbing still required for the molt.
Thinking about it, my Genic, after 2 weeks of being very inactive was climbing around her enclosure the night before she molted. She seems to be a lazy webber (uses her rocks as feeding tables rather than making a mat), so she ended up climbing on top of her log to molt, lol.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi fussball79..
My GBB was active the day before the moult last week. And my B.Emilia has sat out for a few hours tonight which she has never done before in my care. Im very happy with the size increase of my freshly moulted G.Pulchra. Can't wait to see it and and about..

Sym

NYX

3 Year Member
I love how they lay flat like pancakes after they molt and stretch there little bodies out. Got to see my LP sling molt so insane how they do this! Imagine if people molted? Lol couldnt really sex it it looks female but the molt is super tiny and a little damaged. It might be my eyes playing tricks on me. Now the last one I am waiting for is my GBB.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 34

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi NYX..
Very interesting to watch and didn't take that long either. It's been 4 days since its moulted and looking nice and black. Will give it a few more days then offer a cricket.. I Had a B.Auratum sling delivered yesterday and my LP sling came today :)...
my G.Pulchripes is in hiding so it won't be long till that 1 moults..

Thanks for stopping by

Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi NYX...
Funny you should mention I told the girlfriend I'd ordered a LP and she didn't seem to fussed about it. It's her birthday coming up shortly and I've offered to get her a Norwegian forest cat. My LP sling cost me £4.. Her cat will be a lot more than that ! So no complaints lol...
What slings you gone for ?

Sym

NYX

3 Year Member
Two more LP's and a A. Geniculata. My birthday is a little over a month away so I am already eyeballing what I am getting for myself. :rolleyes:

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi NYX..
I don't think I will be getting anymore now until May . There is a T show here in the uk so I would like to go to that and see what's avalible .

Sym

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha, she knew you were talking about her, lol. The other month, when I wrote about my Brachy sling being the most frustrating out of all of mine, cos of its looong premolts when I hardly see it, only an hour later it molted. I think they can read our minds *puts tinfoil hat on*, lol.
Oh and congrats on the successful molt.
I am with you on this. :) i have a b smithi. i just got a week ago. refused food the whole time and has locked herself in her burrow with substrate over all the exit for 3 days! driving me crazy not know what she doing in there. lol

NYX

3 Year Member
My GBB is all webbed in her cork round and has been refusing food. Its bum is getting the dark patch. Now just the waiting game! This T seems to have a long premolt period. I feel like a fussy mom! I also cant wait to sex the T.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK...I need my support group....this is driving me insane...simber, my little b smithi is still in her burrow sealed in....4 days now...just venting. I think im gonna invest in a micro camera after this...lol esspecially since i was just reading threads of little spiderlings that died molting. How do i know she isnt in ther dead and im waiting for nothing... aaaahhhhh!!! ...i need a hug...:(